GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Has anyone changed there own transfer case grease?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2024, 01:28 PM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
GLE 350
Has anyone changed there own transfer case grease?

Hello all, I purchased a 2021 CPO GLE 350 about a year ago that now sits about 45K miles. I’m still under warranty for a little longer but I don’t always trust the quality of dealer mechanics. I try to do as much work as I can myself.

This weekend I swapped out my Ac filters, and the engines air filter which seems to have been the original one from the factory. I’ve been trying to do research on doing the transfer case and the diffs fluid. The only information I could find was a YouTube mechanic that used redline 75w-85 gl-5 for both Diffs and Pentosin ATF134 for the transfer case.

I’ve long been a fan of Amsoil products, I already did an oil change with Amsoil last weekend. Has anyone used the Amsoil 75w-90 heavy gear line? All I can find are reviews comparing the Amsoil and the Redline which the Amsoil appears to dominate.

Also if anyone has any part numbers for the crush washers or torque specs that would be greatly appreciated. I usually pull all this information from Amsoil’s website but the only products that show as compatible for my GLE is the motor oil and antifreeze.