GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Mercedes ME

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2024, 01:24 PM

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
2024 GLE 350
Originally Posted by superswiss
Yes, we strayed a bit from the topic. The digital key for cars IS the backup. The key fob is the primary means to unlock/lock/operate the car and the digital key is the backup for when you locked in your key, forgot/lost it, don't want to carry the physical key, or you want to temporally let somebody else borrow the car w/o having to give them the physical key fob. Digital keys are rarely the only means to unlock something. They are mostly complementary for convenience. Keep an open mind. I stay at Hiltons often and one reason is their digital key. I can check in the day before and then just go straight to the room once I arrive. They still hand out the traditional badge keys as a backup and I usually get one the next day. Often the digital key doesn't work for the front door after hours for example. It's ultimately about convenience.
I agree on this for the home not the car. I haven't had a house key in like 7 years.
Old 07-28-2024, 04:29 PM

Received 192 Likes on 158 Posts
SL63
I just got a snail mail notice for “Communication Module Software Update” If you don’t opt out, You automatically get the update, even if you are not subscribed. It doesn’t really say, apart from NOT needing to visit a dealer, how the update will occur. I’m guessing by cell phone signal, or possibly Wi-Fi if within range of some participating Wi-Fi signal.