GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Thoughts on pinnacle or exclusive

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2024, 12:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 237 Likes on 205 Posts
2021 c300 Cab. Arrived 7/28/21 . 24 GLE 450e.
Originally Posted by vincheung
I always try to save a few bucks (in this case a tank of gas) where I can. Also when buying, all the little nic-nacks, like wheel locks, mats, jacket hanger, first aid kit, etc. adds up to a few hundred bucks very quickly.

As for an eBay seller coming to steal back wheel locks, if the guy flies from San Diego to my weekend home in PA, tracks me down in NYC, and accesses my garage, just for their wheel locks back from a lease they returned and don’t need anymore. At that point I’ll just give it back to them. eBay isn’t a scary place, don’t worry too much about shopping there.
I forgot to say that they could take the wheels too.
Old 08-06-2024, 06:27 AM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
2022 GLE 450/2020 Gen 2 Raptor/few others
The "standard" coil spring suspension is **** soft. The car frequently bottoms out (feel bump stops) in a straight line (gentle rolling bumps not pot holes). I've never owned a vehicle that I've ever been so familiar with the damn bumps stops. OTHERWISE, the 2022 450 is gold. I'm a 270lb meathead and the wife 135 before anyone goes there.
Old 08-06-2024, 03:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,206 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
Originally Posted by wildta
As weak as the massage seats are, I definitely would get this option again. They help a lot during road trips, even 5min drive to the grocery store. I'm a keyboard warrior for some parts of the work week so I'll take the weak massage over no massage. I also turn it on after leaving the gym.
I think the massage seats are very effective.

Many people don't know that there is a setting under the Comfort menu, that increases the massage to "intense."

A friend who bought a $5,000 massage chair commented that my massage seats are better than his monster recliner.

I also like the "seat kinetics" on trips. It's part of the massage package.
Old 08-07-2024, 11:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 727 Likes on 541 Posts
GLE 580
Originally Posted by mikapen
I think the massage seats are very effective.

Many people don't know that there is a setting under the Comfort menu, that increases the massage to "intense."

A friend who bought a $5,000 massage chair commented that my massage seats are better than his monster recliner.

I also like the "seat kinetics" on trips. It's part of the massage package.
I just checked if mine is on intense and it is. I should have prefaced that I love a deep tissue massage where it feels like the masseuse is massaging my bone marrow. 💆 Relative to other brands, I've only read that Mercedes is best in class or at least one of the better ones but really don't have any comparison except with a rental of a Jeep Grand Cherokee and again even though it was inferior, it's better than nothing IMO.

I'll turn on the seat massage and seat kinetics for any drive longer than 25min. For road trips, it truly does reduce fatigue. For seat massage, I wish I could just default it to on every time I start the car.

The following users liked this post:
mikapen (08-07-2024)