GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

The engine experienced a delayed start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Today, 02:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Gle 400d
The engine experienced a delayed start

If I start the engine without pressing the brake pedal and wait a few seconds for the screen to light up, then press the brake and start the engine, it starts instantly.
However, if I get into the car and press the start button with the brake pedal right away while the screens are still off, it takes about 5 seconds for the engine to start.
Is this normal?
Old Today, 08:12 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,621 Likes on 2,229 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by Tv1982
If I start the engine without pressing the brake pedal and wait a few seconds for the screen to light up, then press the brake and start the engine, it starts instantly.
However, if I get into the car and press the start button with the brake pedal right away while the screens are still off, it takes about 5 seconds for the engine to start.
Is this normal?
Are you saying it cranks 5 seconds?

A second or two is needed for the fuel pump to bring fuel to the engine but 5 is excessive.
The following users liked this post:
Tv1982 (Today)
Old Today, 08:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Gle 400d
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
Are you saying it cranks 5 seconds?

A second or two is needed for the fuel pump to bring fuel to the engine but 5 is excessive.
yes, it cranks. I saw it took 3 seconds to turn on screen then 1 second for all light up on screen. After that it start cranking.
but you are right it took time for pump. The 1st time in morning it took abit longer than next time. I guess kind of warmed up already

Last edited by Tv1982; Today at 08:29 AM.
Old Today, 08:36 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,621 Likes on 2,229 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
yes, it cranks. I saw it took 3 seconds to turn on screen then 1 second for all light up on screen. After that it start cranking.
but you are right it took time for pump. The 1st time in morning it took abit longer than next time. I guess kind of warmed up already
Hmmm, which model you have again I thought all V167 GLE has a mild hybrid system so it shouldn't need to crank as it doesn't have a traditional starter, it uses an ISG, MB calls it. the integrated starter generator.
Old Today, 08:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 692 Likes on 513 Posts
MB
Is this normal?
So in this step, are you pressing them at the same time or pressing the brake first and then pushing the start button second?