Sponsored By:

GLE Lighting Package

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2018, 08:02 AM

Received 131 Likes on 114 Posts
AMG GLE43 Coupe
Active LED Headlamps

Just so people know, the LED headlights are part of the Intelligent Light System. It's not just the headlights. It's a host of other safety features including:

Highway Mode
Active Light Function
Cornering Light Function
Extended Range Fog Lamps
Adaptive High Beam Assist

Highway mode
Highway mode increases the range of the beam.
Active: if you are driving at a speed above 68 mph (110 km/h) and do not make any large steering movements for at least 1,000 m or if you are driving at a speed above 80 mph (130 km/h).
Not active: if you are driving at speeds below 49 mph (80 km/h) following activation.

Active Light Function
The active light function is a system that moves the headlamps according to the steering movements of the front wheels. In this way, relevant areas remain illuminated while driving. This allows you to identify pedestrians, cyclists and animals.
Active: when the lights are switched on. Vehicles with Lane Keeping Assist: the active light function evaluates the course of the lane in which you are driving and preemptively controls the active light function. Vehicles with the drive program S+ (Sport Plus): when the drive program is activated, the active light function headlamps swing in and out. This shows that the light setting is in sport mode. The dynamism of the active light function increases.

Cornering light function
The cornering light function improves the illumination of the road over a wide angle in the direction you are turning, enabling better visibility in tight bends, for example. It can only be activated when the low-beam headlamps are switched on.
  • you are driving at speeds below 25 mph (40 km/h) and switch on the turn signal or turn the steering wheel
  • you are driving at speeds between 25 mph (40 km/h) and 45 mph (70 km/h) and turn the steering wheel
Cornering light function with traffic circle function
The cornering light function is activated on both sides before entering a traffic circle through an evaluation of the current GPS position of the vehicle. It remains active until after the vehicle has left the traffic circle. In this way, pedestrians crossing the road, for example, are illuminated by your vehicle in good time.

Extended range fog lamps
The extended range fog lamps reduce the glare experienced by the driver and improve the illumination of the edge of the road.
Active: if you are driving at speeds below 40 mph (70 km/h) and you switch on the rear fog lamp.
Not active: if, following activation, you are driving at speeds above 60 mph (100 km/h) or if you switch off the rear fog lamp

Adaptive High Beam Assist
You can use this function to set the headlamps to change between low beam and high beam automatically. The system recognizes vehicles with their lights on, either approaching from the opposite direction or traveling in front of your vehicle, and consequently switches the headlamps from high beam to low beam. The system automatically adapts the low-beam headlamp range depending on the distance to the other vehicle. Once the system no longer detects any other vehicles, it reactivates the high-beam headlamps. The system's optical sensor is located behind the windshield near the overhead control panel.
Old 01-12-2019, 09:10 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
1992 500E, 1994 E500, 2011 E550 and 2018 GLE350
I really don't know why you couldn't install the intelligent lights on any GLE unless there are a whole bunch a sensors that are not present on the halogen headlight cars. I would expect reprogramming the SAM should work.
Old 01-12-2019, 09:30 PM

Received 131 Likes on 114 Posts
AMG GLE43 Coupe
Originally Posted by ilovemaui1
I really don't know why you couldn't install the intelligent lights on any GLE unless there are a whole bunch a sensors that are not present on the halogen headlight cars. I would expect reprogramming the SAM should work.
Read my previous post and then watch this video. You'll understand why. It's not just an LED bulb plugged into a regular light fixture.

Old 01-13-2019, 12:38 AM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
1992 500E, 1994 E500, 2011 E550 and 2018 GLE350
I understand the lighting system is complicated but it all boils down to a few sensors. Most of which are included in the headlight itself. I have to believe that most of the other sensors are already in place within other features like parking, lane departure, blind spot, surround view, etc. I'd like to see a schematic of the light wiring and sensors comparing the halogens to the intelligent lights.
Old 01-14-2019, 03:23 PM

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
2024 GLS 450 AMG Package 2024 GLC 43 AMG
Old 01-15-2019, 12:04 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2016 GLE 350 4Matic
Lighting package is a must have. Too bad that due to some out dated DOT law, some features on the German (BMW, BENZ, AUDI) intelligent lighting package are not available in U.S.
Old 05-26-2019, 02:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML350
Need help figuring out the headlights

Hello guys, I need help figuring out the headlights on ML350 2014.

I tried to turn on the lower (bumper) lights but I do not know which switch turn these on, at some point they were on but I didn't know what I did to have them on.

And I need help to know how to have the "white" strip turned on during the day or night. All I can get on is the xenon during the day?