Sponsored By:

Delivery Delays?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 08:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'16 GLE 400 4matic
Originally Posted by Germancar1
Factory reps hardly ever chime in and it is all pointless anyway. There isn't going to be a delay in production due to a mechanical failure. Just more pointless speculation. You'll never know what the delay is, if there is one so I don't see the point. Put the order in and wait for the 30-60 days, I know it's tough (I've gone through it), but what else is there to do, be mired in confusion and guesswork?

M
But the real question is who are you to tell people what the can and can't talk about. And why do you think you're that important.

If you don't like the topic don't reply. Let others enjoy their speculation and assumption theorizing.
Old 12-11-2015, 03:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 290 Likes on 203 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
Originally Posted by Greystreet
But the real question is who are you to tell people what the can and can't talk about. And why do you think you're that important.

If you don't like the topic don't reply. Let others enjoy their speculation and assumption theorizing.
Nah, not at all. I'm not saying that, but in reading these boards I just wonder why people spend so much time worrying about certain things. I guess I was expecting car enthusiasts here, not just confused shoppers. Feel free to carry on.

M
Old 02-08-2016, 09:03 AM

Just got informed that delivery of my 450 AMG will be delayed for 5 months! I ordered in September 2015. Delivery should have been in March 2016. Now delivery is August 2016? Dealer says it is because of the Pano roof! Can this be? Anyone has insight on current production delays?
Granted, I am located in Switzerland but such a delay is ridiculous! Any thoughts?
Old 02-08-2016, 10:38 AM

Received 52 Likes on 24 Posts
GLE63S 2016
It is possible that the dealer simply forgot to place your order and is giving you a story. I had that happen to me once.

Having said that, I ordered two new 2015 Cadillac Escalade Platinums.....and GM delayed my delivery beyond 18 months with no promised date for delivery despite them having kept my deposit!

That is why I got mad and cancelled my order (boy, did I show THEM! ;-) ) and ended up with my first experience with MB.

I liked my 550's so much that I placed an order for new new GLE63s's last month. I just received my VIN numbers and it looks like they are going to be delivered in 2 months from today.

The Canadian builds come straight from Germany. It is possible that your build had to be fabricated in Germany.....then shipped for assembly in the USA.....then shipped again to you. Hard to know. Your dealer should be able to give you detailed reasons. It might be simpler to simply call MB in Germany and order your vehicle directly from them.
Old 02-08-2016, 01:27 PM

I don`t think my dealer forgot to put in my order. Just found out on the german forum that someone else put in an order for the Coupé at the end of September and his production date is June. Then about 6 weeks delivery. Puts it right around August.

Who told you that European or Canadian GLE or GLE Coupés are made in Europe? That`s not true. ALL GLEs and GLE Coupés currently are made in Alabama. I have a 2013 ML63 and it was made in Alabama too.There is just some final trim assembly in Germany. That order also took like 12 months. That is just crazy!

Originally Posted by Subatomic Power
It is possible that the dealer simply forgot to place your order and is giving you a story. I had that happen to me once.

Having said that, I ordered two new 2015 Cadillac Escalade Platinums.....and GM delayed my delivery beyond 18 months with no promised date for delivery despite them having kept my deposit!

That is why I got mad and cancelled my order (boy, did I show THEM! ;-) ) and ended up with my first experience with MB.

I liked my 550's so much that I placed an order for new new GLE63s's last month. I just received my VIN numbers and it looks like they are going to be delivered in 2 months from today.

The Canadian builds come straight from Germany. It is possible that your build had to be fabricated in Germany.....then shipped for assembly in the USA.....then shipped again to you. Hard to know. Your dealer should be able to give you detailed reasons. It might be simpler to simply call MB in Germany and order your vehicle directly from them.

Last edited by hawaii; 02-08-2016 at 01:30 PM.
Old 02-09-2016, 08:43 AM

GLE350
Ordered GLE350 in first week of jan with build date 1st week of March. Now its pushed back to 3rd week of March in netstar system.
Old 04-08-2016, 01:49 PM

GLE Coupe 350d
Exclamation

I'm from Romania and i ordered the car from here since i had to give an Audi RS5 for a buy-back. Now i regret it all !
I signed the contract at mid Octomber and the car was introduced in the system on 23rd of Octomber. It was supposed to be built in December 2015 and delivered in January 2016 . A few days later, I went to change some options on the car and they told me that because of the panoramic roof, it will be produced in January and arrive by the end of February...
But at the end of January, when I was in service with another car, they announced me that the GLE Coupe will be produced in mid February and arrive in April. You cannot imagine how mad I got…
Then,on 11th of February I recived the VIN code , so the car should have been prodecd by then , just as schedueled after the last postpone. Though of that, after 3 weeks of constant complaining to my dealer about the fact that i cannot find my car on the tracker and after reaching Mercedes CEO’s office in Romania, finally, they admitted that the car IS NOT EVEN BUILT and this will happen in the 1st week of April , with delivery by the end of May or even June.
So, they just called and announced me that the car was produced this week as they said but still, though the car has a 4 months delay (double than the contract), nobody is giving me an explanations for this situation and why they delayed the production so much ! It took 7 months to get the car into production and onther 2 for delivery…totaling 9 months for the order ! (just like a baby )
At least, what they did is begining the 15th of March, to give me cars to use until delivery and now i am negociating for a bigger discount. Initialy i got -10%, now i want -18% as they were giving for the GLE Coupe fir the companies that have "fleet discount".
HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCED SUCH BIG PROBLEMS WITH THE DELIVERY FOR THEIR GLE ???
I was thinking it has something to do with dieselgate, but it seems “Hawaii” is having the same problems though he went for a 450 amg… Are this delivery problems only found in Europe? Thank you.
Old 04-09-2016, 08:14 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
GLE450 Coupe and C300w4
Germancar1- you need to finish all of your posts with, "You big dummy!"
I ordered a coupe in early February, build date given was first week of April, I still don't know when I will get it. Dealer will let me know when it's on the truck. EPA issues, factory holidays, Teamster strike, Trump, whatever the delay reason is, I'll get my car when I get it.
Old 04-11-2016, 01:41 PM

Received 241 Likes on 138 Posts
Soon: 2020 G63 Currently: 2016 GLE63 SUV + 97 F250HD, Before: 2013 G550, Range Rover Sport, 1984 CJ7
I am in the USA. My GLE63non-coupe order was placed on Jan 15th (I think dealer sat on it for 3 weeks from there). But I just got confirmation from dealer the build is complete and will be on it's way to me. That is about 90 days so far. I will let ya know when it is here. And of course photos to come.