Sponsored By:

2016 GLE350 START UP NOISE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 02:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLE350
2016 GLE350 START UP NOISE

So I recently bought a GLE350. Very very happy with every aspect of the buying experience and love the car.

That said I hate the local MB dealer, and have a concern I would rather not deal with them over if its just going to be deemed normal.

So... when I start the car up cold it sounds HORRIBLE. Like a diesel motor with a belt squeal. It is a metal sound and a high pitched squeak. It is the worst when the car is idled way up, gets better when it comes down to 900 and is gone by the time it drops again to 600.

I never move my cars till they idle down that first step. I park in a highrise parking deck and it echoes so bad. Its actually embarrassing.

My last three cars have been c's. A 63, 350, and 250 and none of them sounding anything but smooth at start up.

I have literally had this car for a week and a half, its got 300 miles on it, and has done this since the first cold start. Never seems to matter is the ac is on or not.
Old 12-30-2015, 07:55 AM
skw

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts
2019 GLS450
Doesn't matter if you go back to that dealer or another, you need to take it in to have your concerns documented and start a paper trail. Let them keep it overnight and take a loaner so they can hear it themselves in the morning. You can even return and be there to make sure they hear what you're hearing. Not sure about the belt squeal but is the diesel like sound possibly a character of the direct injection (if this is a DI engine)?