XPEL clear bra

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 01:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 GLE350 2014 E350 Sport
XPEL clear bra

Hi
Anyone in San Jose area doing a clear bra ?
I am thinking of getting it for my 2016 GLE350 white. Like to hear some opinions.

Thank you.
Old 01-26-2016, 04:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 442 Likes on 306 Posts
19 E63s(wifeys) & a 21 GLE580
I agree, do it.
Ive got it on another vehicle of mine right now and when my GLE comes in I'm going to try and add it if I can find someone to do it near me.
But I'm on the other side of the country so that's no help for you.
Old 01-27-2016, 11:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
The "best" fitting for paint protection will be a shop that specializes "hand cut" - rather than quickie shops that use "computer pre-cut".

Hand-cut paint protection gives you coverage and very clean /correct edges - applying computer pre-cut "kits" ALWAYS looks sloppy in comparison.

Google 3M Ventureshield - a great product by the way - and use their dealer locator which will give you at least one qualified/expereinced installer - and you can confirm they do "hand cut".

Xpel has two "different" paint protection products - also very good. SunTec has been doing some very interesting "matte" protection film.

Keep the beat !
Old 01-28-2016, 01:23 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 C63 S
I have it on my C63S and I love it. I have the XPEL Ultimate. In regards to the precut versus hand cut I disagree completely. What a good installer will do is take the computer precut dimensions and add a little bit of materials in all directions so the material will wrap around the edges and be invisible. I have seen truly hand cut jobs and the lines are never clean enough. That is unless the installer cuts the material long enough to also wrap the edges.

My installer took the time to explain exactly how the computer program worked and how the installation process works.

I love the product and is a must for any expense car that you want to protect. The package I would go with would include the full bumper, full hood, front fenders, mirrors and headlights.
Old 01-28-2016, 10:25 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2017 AMG GLC43
Who did yours out in Temecula? Got a 300d coming in April and I am in SOCAL also

Thanks

Jeff

Originally Posted by JoelSolid
I have it on my C63S and I love it. I have the XPEL Ultimate. In regards to the precut versus hand cut I disagree completely. What a good installer will do is take the computer precut dimensions and add a little bit of materials in all directions so the material will wrap around the edges and be invisible. I have seen truly hand cut jobs and the lines are never clean enough. That is unless the installer cuts the material long enough to also wrap the edges.

My installer took the time to explain exactly how the computer program worked and how the installation process works.

I love the product and is a must for any expense car that you want to protect. The package I would go with would include the full bumper, full hood, front fenders, mirrors and headlights.
Old 01-29-2016, 12:34 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 C63 S
Originally Posted by jeffzou
Who did yours out in Temecula? Got a 300d coming in April and I am in SOCAL also

Thanks

Jeff

Clear Pros in Murrieta did my C63S. The owner Lance is an award winning installer. They do great work!

http://www.clear-pro.com/