Sponsored By:

how to connect for carplay

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 10:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLE350
how to connect for carplay

Anyone can share instructions on how to connect iphone 6 for using car play in GLE350? My car should have it as build date is February.
Old 03-08-2016, 10:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Acura TSX
If it's using the same 32C Multimedia Package, it works great. Just get a recent iPhone and plug it in. There's some quirks with the audio system. I'll be posting a How To in the Audio & Electronics forum.
Old 03-09-2016, 10:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLE350
Mine is option 868, Smart Phone Integration. There is no multimedia package anymore. Phone is being recognized with cable for music, but I cannot get the iphone like screen.
Old 03-10-2016, 02:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 442 Likes on 306 Posts
19 E63s(wifeys) & a 21 GLE580
It has to be plugged up and the bottom USB (it's the usb port with a different symbol thn usual beside it) port in the central console has to be used. Make sure on your iPhone has the voice siri turned on so the voice part works. Also on iPhone there is a carplay mode and I think that has to be turned on too. It under setting and I then think general.
Then all you have to do is plug it up. Supposedly. Mine worked great the first time and then refused to work anymore after that. I reset all my command functions to factory, turned of the iPhone carplay, and did this several times and now it works flawlessly.
So the easy answer is, turn on the car, make sure you carplay is turned on and plug it up to the right USB port. The car will then automatically ask if you want carplay.