Sponsored By:

Pre-Wiring/Power Seat

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 09:59 AM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Too many to count
Pre-Wiring/Power Seat

I ordered my GLE with no rear entertainment pre-wiring and when I got the car, noticed that the headrest on the passenger seat is manual, and they put a dummy button in place of the power headrest adjust button. Someone said briefly in another unrelated thread that this may have to do with not having pre-wiring. Is this true? If so, why? I've been trying to figure this out since I got the car...the dealer had no idea.

Thanks
Old 06-23-2016, 10:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 GLE350 4MATIC
Here you go. Found this on their website.
Attached Thumbnails Pre-Wiring/Power Seat-prewiring.jpg  
Old 06-23-2016, 06:27 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2017 BMW 230ix convertible, 2018 GLC300
Originally Posted by Senatov
I ordered my GLE with no rear entertainment pre-wiring and when I got the car, noticed that the headrest on the passenger seat is manual, and they put a dummy button in place of the power headrest adjust button. Someone said briefly in another unrelated thread that this may have to do with not having pre-wiring. Is this true? If so, why? I've been trying to figure this out since I got the car...the dealer had no idea.

Thanks
Do you really need it?
Old 06-24-2016, 02:45 AM
skw

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts
2019 GLS450
Originally Posted by Senatov

Thanks
Yep, I also found this out the hard way. No rhyme or reason as to why MB bundles it like this.