Diesel Scandal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 10:47 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2018 Lexus LS500
Diesel Scandal

Hello Everyone,
I am not a Gle owner, but am an ml350 Bluetec owner and have noticed that MBUSA has pulled ALL diesel models from their site and my dealer isn't stocking the GLE300D. I get that the e250d and gl350d aren't being produced because they have just released a new model. However, the GLE300d has been released and I have seen one before. Does this suggest that MBUSA is under EPA scrutiny or they are scared about the lawsuit that they have caught themselves in. As I understand it, this lawsuit affects me and many others who own bluetecs. This is pure speculation but I would love to hear your thoughts.
Old 07-31-2016, 03:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
The problem with the Fed's - is that the fact they did not detect the VW bullsh*t for years/years.

As a result changed/new Fed approval standards have not yet been set.

The 2016 GLE350d was "approved" before everything really went to sh*t on the Fed side - and the 2017 GL350 was in production March/April into early May - but when no new procedures were yet approved - production for US market was canceled.

Yes - there is a 2017 GLE300d in the 2017 model line up - but I have serious doubt it will go into actual production for the US market unless the Fed's get their procedures finalized soon.

Scandal - on the manuf side no - but on the Fed side the VW scandal might have stopped diesel passenger cars in the US for a undetermined amount of time..