Sponsored By:

GLE 350 service and engine oild change question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2016, 10:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLE350 4Matic
GLE 350 service and engine oild change question

My GLE 350 is approaching 5000 miles, and also service A as well. What are my options? Can I just use a regular car service shop or do I need to go to MB dealer/service? If I go to regular car service shop, do i need to indicate the specific engine oil to use? How about the engine oil filter? I think I need a primer before shooting for the first service of the vehicle. Any input is greatly appreciated!
Old 09-05-2016, 10:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
If you are at 5000 miles - and approaching 1yr in service - then you are do for Service A.

On the mbusa.com website - under Owner's Info - you can download the appropriate Maintenance Schedule and check what is included in that service.

1) Consider topping off the DEF yourself - a $15 carton of DEF from any big-box auto-parts or auto-parts store will handle that - and a strong flashlight - top off and dispose of any remainder in the carton - "likely" to take about 1/2 of a box.

2) Yes - it will be a MB specific oil filter - and unfortunately in most cases the filter has to come off to properly identify which "size" - dealer parts dept can priovide part# based on VIN - but unfortunately in a good # of cases it may or may not be correct.

3) Dealer service adviser - with VIN# - can see if any updates/campaigns are open for your vehicle - which are done n/c outside of maintenance.

Hope this is of help - if your take care of your GL - it will take care of you !

Keep the beat !
Old 02-27-2020, 12:29 AM

Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts
2016 GLE350 4Matic, 2017 GLC300
Thanks 😊. Just checked the MB webpage and don’t see any service e schedules, under owner. It tells you to book one but nothing to print or see