Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

GLE 350 frame/door seals creak/squeak

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 01:14 AM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
GLS350d
I had my rubbers replaced under warranty two months after I took delivery of the vehicle. Two months later the creaking was back.

Until MB changes the products used or changes the supplier for this part no matter how many times you change the rubbers it will always come back.

I've been using alcohol solution wipe every two weeks for the past six months - no creaking or any sign of deteriorating.
Old 08-18-2017, 09:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 GLE350 4matic
Originally Posted by Wanty
I had my rubbers replaced under warranty two months after I took delivery of the vehicle. Two months later the creaking was back.

Until MB changes the products used or changes the supplier for this part no matter how many times you change the rubbers it will always come back.

I've been using alcohol solution wipe every two weeks for the past six months - no creaking or any sign of deteriorating.
What alcohol solution wipe do you use? A rep at the service dept said that it's possible that wax accumulated from car washing over time maybe causing the noise.. Maybe that's why alcohol wipes have been working for you?.. Maybe that's why the brand new 2017 GLE loaner I'm currently driving doesn't make any noise..yet. Maybe that's why silicone oil hasn't solved the problem for me. I'll try stripping everything off her and see how it goes
Old 08-18-2017, 11:37 PM

GLS350d
I use household grade methylated spirits.

I soak a corner of a clean rag in methylated spirits and every 2- 4 weeks when I wash the car. I wipe all the door rubbers. Takes 3 minutes.
Attached Thumbnails GLE 350 frame/door seals creak/squeak-photo824.jpg  
Old 03-28-2018, 07:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 GLE 450 coupe
Body Flex Creaking

I've had my 2016 GLE for about two years now and a few months ago I started hearing creaking on the slightest of uneven surfaces or even when turning tight to back in to my parking space. It's so annoying and embarrassing. The dealer claims they don't hear it. Body flex can't be a good thing
Old 03-28-2018, 09:26 PM

GLS350d
They don't hear it because they don't want to replace the rubbers at their cost.

Suggest you clean the rubbers with an alcoholic base solution failing that demand they change the rubbers.
Old 03-29-2018, 01:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Geez loueeze.... I have really heard it all.... yes, wipe the seals with a microfiber cloth damp with any decent cleaner ... then order in the exact same stuff the dealer uses "Gummi Pflege" for $10 from Amazon... all doors .. takes literally 10 min...

Amazon Amazon
Old 03-29-2018, 03:46 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Mercedes GLE 350d 4Matic
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
Geez loueeze.... I have really heard it all.... yes, wipe the seals with a microfiber cloth damp with any decent cleaner ... then order in the exact same stuff the dealer uses "Gummi Pflege" for $10 from Amazon... all doors .. takes literally 10 min...

https://www.amazon.com/nextzett-9148...70_&dpSrc=srch
Maybe you heard it all, but I tried all kind of cleanig/lubricating agents that exist, without the Gummi Pflege, ok. Everything helped a bit and temporarily, the hotter the weather , the worse the squeaking. Excuse me but this is absolutely unacceptable for a 80 000 Euro vehicle, geez loueeze...
Old 03-29-2018, 03:59 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 GLE 43 SUV
The Gummi stuff is the best. Geezo Peezo
Old 03-30-2018, 08:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A gaggle of MB's
Fine - Bulgarian - right ? Thoroughly wipe down all the seals and door frames with a lightly sudsy water/dishwasher detergent mix (don't over do the soap) - wipe down and dry - then try the "Nextzett Gummi Pflege Stift" from bulmotors.com - if you have done the right cleaning - use the Nextzett - you'll be happy - for for a Bulgarian that's a special day !
Old 03-31-2018, 01:29 AM

Mercedes GLE 350d 4Matic
I'm very proud you care for my happy- and unhappiness, no matter special or not.
I'll try the Gummi Pflege for sure, the problem is if it was so effective, why in many cases the dealer had replaced these door seals instead of just clean and lubricate them? I guess american dealers and their staff are all the time happy and smiling and that's why they do good things to other people changing for free what is just dirty?
Old 03-31-2018, 02:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A gaggle of MB's
Actually - you can check with the Bulgarian BMW online community - they have been very/very expressive about their "creaking problems" for years.

Please don't assume "all these people" is a big # - there are "some" GLE's I have personally seen with creaking door seal - but "some" is actually a very small # out of all the GLE's I have seen - this goes across all model SUV's - across many different brands. Why these few have creaking problems - versus the many/many that do not - I have no opinion.

Of the "few" creaking door/sunroof problems I have seen - "most" were solved with one good tech cleaning/application Gummi - the remainder were solved with by cleaning door frame and 2nd application of Gummi on seals and door frame contact area.....

In general - this problem occurs most with models that have "wide" seals - including convertible - in addition to Gummi - there is VW brand product - different liquid - from the Dupont Krytox chemical family - rebranded Krytox GPL103-106 (oil) .. and Kryton grease GPL203-206 - Krytox is a PFPE formula which many consider the "ultimate" silicone free long lasting lubricant for seals.. doesn't oxidize/doesn't come off with soap/solvents...
Old 03-31-2018, 01:37 PM

Mercedes GLE 350d 4Matic
I'll try it for sure and post what's the result. I doubt it honestly because I've already cleaned the rubbers with ethyl alcohol that shouldn't be a worse cleaning agent than any detergent. Anyway, I'll give it a try, I have no choice anyway. About the BMW creaking issues, I've been through a couple of BMWs, the last one was an X3, everything was squeaking and creaking after 3 years, but not the rubber seals
Old 04-01-2018, 03:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 139 Posts
2018 GLC 4MATIC
Ok, I have ML and had the same squeaking issues. There is a TSB about, tech need to sand them a little. I think that TSB number listed on my receipt I will take a look.