GLE Class (W166) Produced 2015-2019
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Daytime Running Lights and switch backs?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 11:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 GLE350 4Matic
Daytime Running Lights and switch backs?

Hello, another thread, but it's a different topic so I posted a new one since someone else might also have this question. We have a 2016 GLE350 with the standard halogen headlights. The Daytime running light are on the bottom and illuminate about a 4-5" wide strip, the rest of that area is reserved for the blinkers. Does anyone know if it's possible to install switch back bulbs in the blinker socket that will illuminate white with the rest of the Daytime running lights and turn amber when blinking? I'd like to have that whole lower strip be white for daytime running lights. As anyone done this?
Old 05-17-2017, 03:09 PM

2016 GLE350 4Matic
No one? Does anyone know if the techs can turn the daytime running light to amber or the blinker bulb?
Old 05-17-2017, 04:11 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 GLE 350 4matic
On the adaptive LED lights, the daytime running light strip is an eyebrow outline above the headlights and that is also where the amber blinking turn signal is located. The amber and the LED white strips are actually thin but separate light strips.
Not sure that is any indication of whether or not what you are looking for can be done though.
Old 05-17-2017, 05:41 PM

2016 GLE350 4Matic
Originally Posted by Tbone8771
On the adaptive LED lights, the daytime running light strip is an eyebrow outline above the headlights and that is also where the amber blinking turn signal is located. The amber and the LED white strips are actually thin but separate light strips.
Not sure that is any indication of whether or not what you are looking for can be done though.
Nope, that is not what I'm looking for. Thanks for posting but I'm talking about the standard halogen headlight units, the ones that come with if you didn't get the Lighting package. I wish I could get the LED lights but I don't think that is possible.

On the Standard headlights, non led units the DRL are a white led on the BOTTOM of the unit with the blinker section just next to it. I'd like to replace the blinker bulb with a switchback bulb that changes from white to amber. What I don't know is if it's possible to make that "blinker" bulb get power all the time and only flash when moving the stalk.
Old 06-29-2017, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08GL550, 17x2GLS450
also interested if possible