Sponsored By:

GLE 500e drive modes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 12:41 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Mercedes Benz E200 Avantgarde 2016 + MercedesBenz GLC250 4Matic 2016
GLE 500e drive modes

I just bought a GLE 500 e Plugin Hybrid which costed me 110,000$, there are 4 modes of driving:
Hybrid
E Mode
E Save
Charge
The problem is that i dont know exactly what is each, and what is the difference between them. What is the best mode that saves fuel and saves the battery also in the city?? ( i tried the hybrid, in 30 minutes of driving and the battery ran out of charge). Another question, if i switched the car from comfort to sport, will the battery disconnect and the motor will be working alone???
Old 07-05-2017, 01:01 AM

Received 64 Likes on 63 Posts
2007 SL55
Originally Posted by Obeidat
I just bought a GLE 500 e Plugin Hybrid which costed me 110,000$, there are 4 modes of driving:
Hybrid
E Mode
E Save
Charge
The problem is that i dont know exactly what is each, and what is the difference between them. What is the best mode that saves fuel and saves the battery also in the city?? ( i tried the hybrid, in 30 minutes of driving and the battery ran out of charge). Another question, if i switched the car from comfort to sport, will the battery disconnect and the motor will be working alone???
Hybrid:
Most of my driving is done in this mode. The car will select the most efficient use of electric or gas. If I am on the highway, I use this mode. This mode carries the most efficient use on longer ranges as the electric will run out pretty quick on the highway. Hybrid establishes a minimum charge goal of the battery of something like 20%. The vehicle is not set up to drain the battery completely.

E mode:
If I am driving locally and want to drive in electric only - I use E mode. I will get around 15 miles on flat ground, using no gas unless the demand for power is greater than what the electric will provide (hills...) - which will enable the use of gas as needed.

E Save:
If I want to save the electric charge for later use - for instance, driving on the highway for 100 miles, then when I get off the highway commute around the city in electric only, this will allow me to save the charge for later use. Some small charging appears in this mode as well.

E charge:
This charges the battery while driving. I have found that if I start out in E mode and when the battery charge goes to zero, I can switch to E charge and the battery will charge at a rate of 34 miles driven to enable a 17 mile battery charge (2 miles for 1 mile of battery charge). This is at highway speeds.
I am assuming that E charge is the most inefficient of all modes and I have established a 21 mile mpg while going 65-70 mph in this mode.

Sport mode selection will enable the vehicle with 1 gear starts, the gas motor is on, and electric will contribute.

HTH
Old 08-30-2018, 09:22 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2011 CLS63 AMG

You can get the manual in pdf, online. This is from a 2009. Took about 30 seconds to find it