Sponsored By:

Delivery Date ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 03:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 GLE 350 4Matic
Delivery Date ?

Ordered that 350 GLE 4Matic back in late July in Winston-Salem, NC. ETA was mid SEP then. Do you have a more specific update. It's just that I'm going to the beach then, and would like to drive it. Many Thanks

KLB
Old 08-09-2017, 04:03 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
GLE 350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by WFDDeac
Ordered that 350 GLE 4Matic back in late July in Winston-Salem, NC. ETA was mid SEP then. Do you have a more specific update. It's just that I'm going to the beach then, and would like to drive it. Many Thanks

KLB
IMO, I'd cancel the order and pick up a different company unless you already stated you would buy(maybe talk to the dealer). You can view some of the threads here re: the problems with the tranny and cheap materials compared to other vehicles(audi, BMW, hell even the volvo). If you're getting the 7g transmission (seems like the US one only gets the 7g), you will be plagued with problems that can not be fixed by the dealer(these are known problems that are not being addressed--http://www.mercedesmedic.com/722-9-7g-tronic-automatic-transmission-problems-solutions/) . It's a fine vehicle for suburban driving, minimal acceleration, but even then you'll notice some of these problems. Just a heads up coming from an owner of 2 years who is ready to take the financial hit and trade this thing in. Of course this will all depend on what you're expecting from this SUV.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 442 Likes on 306 Posts
19 E63s(wifeys) & a 21 GLE580
The previous is just one person's personal opinion. I'm sure some have problems but there are more that have not. I have the 7g in my 400 and have no problems. My wife has the 7g in her E350 and has no problems. We had the 7g in several other MBs and never had a problem. If there was a major problem with the car or transmission, MB probably would have fixed or changed it by now. Thr 7g was even describe by car and driver one time as being "silky smooth."
As for the delivery, your SA should be able to help you and track the vehicle. But in all honestly, it sounds about right as for time frame.
I love my 400. It drives, rides and looks great, but I do think the carplay technology in it is horrile. Not the command, just having to plus it in and use car play.