Sponsored By:

Custom order lead time

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 09:21 PM

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
2017 GLS 450
Custom order lead time

On Wednesday I put in an order for a new GLE550e. There really is not much 2017 inventory on Autotrader now but even months ago when there was more, it seemed impossible to find one in grey with light interior and airmatic... why is that so hard to find?? I had no choice, so I put in a custom order. I remember from last time how long 3 months feel when you wait for a new car, so I wanted my dealer to put in the order ASAP. It took my dealer all of Thursday to find out which headliner color would match the ginger beige seats and on Friday I still didn't have anything confirming that the car had been ordered. I read in the forums here that dealers sometimes wait for an allocation slot and don't tell the customer, so the wait gets even longer.
I didn't want that to happen to me, so I started looking around and found a dealer in CA where apparently hybrids are more popular than here in Illinois. He told me that he had a still changeable order in the system and I could get my car in 2 months. I called my sales guy who apparently had the day off and cancelled that order, to order from that other dealer in CA. Today the CA dealer told me that my car had been ordered but the changeable order had changed over the weekend to not changeable and now I'm getting a different order with production date of January 2018!! I know these are first world problems but I'm beyond pissed!

Last edited by Strafzettel; 09-11-2017 at 09:41 PM.
Old 09-12-2017, 01:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Well.... yes, sorry

The ONLY changeable orders at this moment are for 1st decade January.

There are 24 GL550e being built between end-Sept and End October - locked down against changes - that show unsold to customers - meaning open opportunities for you to get the GLE550e "closest spec" to what you want.

There are 0 being producted Nov/Dec allocated to US market.

Keep the beat !