Sponsored By:

test drive didn't go as expected...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 09:37 PM

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
2017 GLS 450
test drive didn't go as expected...

I've been researching about the GLE550e for a while now and I almost put a downpayment on a custom order. Yesterday I drove for over an hour to get to a dealer that actually has one available for test drive and I was a little disappointed. Everyone was saying that with the electric motor there is instant power and no lag but when I pushed it there was still a moment where the transmission seems to think before it downshifts and then the car starts accelerating. The acceleration was great but in city driving which I do a lot, it's not that helpful. The AMG's are too sporty for my taste and I wanted more power than the 350's have to offer, so I test drove the GLS450. To make a long story short, here is the photo of my new car

It has way more space then I'll ever need but it drives sooo nice!
Old 09-19-2017, 09:45 PM

Received 141 Likes on 126 Posts
2014 ML350 2w, 2017 GLS550, 1967 Pontiac GTO 4 sp
Originally Posted by Strafzettel
I've been researching about the GLE550e for a while now and I almost put a downpayment on a custom order. Yesterday I drove for over an hour to get to a dealer that actually has one available for test drive and I was a little disappointed. Everyone was saying that with the electric motor there is instant power and no lag but when I pushed it there was still a moment where the transmission seems to think before it downshifts and then the car starts accelerating. The acceleration was great but in city driving which I do a lot, it's not that helpful. The AMG's are too sporty for my taste and I wanted more power than the 350's have to offer, so I test drove the GLS450. To make a long story short, here is the photo of my new car

It has way more space then I'll ever need but it drives sooo nice!
Bought a '14 GL450 a few weeks ago. Like riding in an old Caddy. Bumps? What bumps? Enjoy.
Old 09-19-2017, 09:50 PM

2017 GLS 450
Originally Posted by pjw1967
Bought a '14 GL450 a few weeks ago. Like riding in an old Caddy. Bumps? What bumps? Enjoy.
Exactly!! thanks
Old 09-21-2017, 10:57 AM

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
2024 GLS 450 AMG Package 2024 GLC 43 AMG
Exactly!! thanks
Very nice GLS, however you made a huge mistake with your GLS...The same mistake I made...No lighting Package...I will NEVER make that mistake again. Counting the months until I am at a point in my lease where I can return it and get another one with lighting package.
Old 09-22-2017, 12:29 AM

2017 GLS 450
!

Originally Posted by baobay
Very nice GLS, however you made a huge mistake with your GLS...The same mistake I made...No lighting Package...I will NEVER make that mistake again. Counting the months until I am at a point in my lease where I can return it and get another one with lighting package.
You'd think a car with a base price of 70K would have sufficient lighting, right? I've heard lots of good stuff about the lighting package but I live in the city where we have street lights pretty much everywhere and I can see well at night, so I'm good
Important to me was the ginger/beige light interior and lunar blue out side color. I don't get all these people buying cars in white on the outside and black inside but you can't argue about taste, right?!
For all of you thinking that the GLS is just a long version of the GLE... you are wrong I am so happy with this unexpected decision!
Old 09-22-2017, 05:40 AM

Received 141 Likes on 126 Posts
2014 ML350 2w, 2017 GLS550, 1967 Pontiac GTO 4 sp
You'd think a car with a base price of 70K would have sufficient lighting, right? I've heard lots of good stuff about the lighting package but I live in the city where we have street lights pretty much everywhere and I can see well at night, so I'm good
Important to me was the ginger/beige light interior and lunar blue out side color. I don't get all these people buying cars in white on the outside and black inside but you can't argue about taste, right?!
For all of you thinking that the GLS is just a long version of the GLE... you are wrong I am so happy with this unexpected decision!
I got my '14 GL450 CPO for the exact same reasons. My wife has a black '14 ML350 CPO loaded to the gills. $68k MSRP without 4matic. A/C seats and on and on. In my neighborhood when you sit at a traffic light and watch the cars go by.....white, white, gray, black, gray, white...you get the picture. Cinnabar red with almond beige interior. Your Lunar Blue with the same interior is gorgeous. If I need more light at night I turn on the high beams until someone comes in the other direction. Then their lights help me see. Halogens don't diminish my love for the car one bit. It's all about the ride......