Sponsored By:

Euro Spec Headlight

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 01:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLE 43 suv
Euro Spec Headlight

I just picked up my GLE 43 AMG and it came with the US spec halogen headlights with the orange reflector.

I wanted to install the European version of the headlight which has no orange reflector but the Parts guys at the dealership and a 3rd party independent shop I trust is telling me the Euro headlight won't work in a US Spec car and it will light up the dash with error codes.

Before I give up on this, I am wondering if anyone has tried installing the Euro spec halogen headlight and had success with no error codes ?

Also, has anyone tried installing a brighter 3rd party bulb like the LUMEN G8 and had any success ?

Thank you!

euro spec lights

LUMEN G8
Old 09-21-2017, 10:54 AM

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
2019 GLS 450 2017 E300 Sport
Originally Posted by OCgle43
I just picked up my GLE 43 AMG and it came with the US spec halogen headlights with the orange reflector.

I wanted to install the European version of the headlight which has no orange reflector but the Parts guys at the dealership and a 3rd party independent shop I trust is telling me the Euro headlight won't work in a US Spec car and it will light up the dash with error codes.

Before I give up on this, I am wondering if anyone has tried installing the Euro spec halogen headlight and had success with no error codes ?

Also, has anyone tried installing a brighter 3rd party bulb like the LUMEN G8 and had any success ?

Thank you!

euro spec lights

LUMEN G8
So You're saying that your GLE 43 came with halogen lights???? Very hard to believe!