Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Transmission issues after recall ...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 12:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLE450 AMG
Thumbs down Transmission issues after recall ...

Hey guys, not sure if I have a lemon or not but after the recent recall, my transmission has been very harsh while going down especially at 2nd gear, so going from 3rd to 2nd I would usually hear some sort of knock and the car would jerks forward. It happens on comfort in a mild way but sport its harsh and sport+ is super harsh. Anybody else having this issue? I took my car to the dealership twice already they revamped the software and checked for codes, tomorrow im taking it for the 3rd time. Im just not sure if im dealing with a lemon or is it caused by the recent software update ?

Has your car change the way it drives/ feels after the recent recall?

Thanks for your input
Old 10-31-2017, 03:47 PM
Banned

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
probably can't help too much as i'm not familiar with the recall. but, look at my previous posts about my transmission. the situation was not getting any better. it went in a week or so ago and they determined that they did, in fact, have to replace the valve body (which includes the control module). i picked it up and felt it was worse than pre-fix. drove back and spent some time with the shop foreman as i thought maybe the trans wasn't fully refilled. he assured me that the way they get filled now ensures complete fill. he took it back and put it on the machine. after, he said that the trans adaptations were still immature (picked it up the day before) and that it should get better as it is driven. fast forward, it has.

so, if this is similar to my issue, more driving should help. the tech did recommend not switching thru the "ride selector" for a while. i don't use it because it's a pita anyway.

good luck, ron
Old 11-02-2017, 06:15 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 GLE43W4
Originally Posted by YazAMG
Hey guys, not sure if I have a lemon or not but after the recent recall, my transmission has been very harsh while going down especially at 2nd gear, so going from 3rd to 2nd I would usually hear some sort of knock and the car would jerks forward. It happens on comfort in a mild way but sport its harsh and sport+ is super harsh. Anybody else having this issue? I took my car to the dealership twice already they revamped the software and checked for codes, tomorrow im taking it for the 3rd time. Im just not sure if im dealing with a lemon or is it caused by the recent software update ?

Has your car change the way it drives/ feels after the recent recall?

Thanks for your input
I have a 2017 GLE43W4. After the recall software update, I don't notice any difference from 3 to 2, and my 2 to 1 has always been every dramatic, only in sport plus mode. The rev matching is great to listen to, but the lurching forward from 2 to 1 is crazy harsh. I have to hover over the brake pedal to make sure I don't slam into the person in front of me.
Old 11-04-2017, 11:38 PM

GLE450 AMG
Originally Posted by rcsjr
probably can't help too much as i'm not familiar with the recall. but, look at my previous posts about my transmission. the situation was not getting any better. it went in a week or so ago and they determined that they did, in fact, have to replace the valve body (which includes the control module). i picked it up and felt it was worse than pre-fix. drove back and spent some time with the shop foreman as i thought maybe the trans wasn't fully refilled. he assured me that the way they get filled now ensures complete fill. he took it back and put it on the machine. after, he said that the trans adaptations were still immature (picked it up the day before) and that it should get better as it is driven. fast forward, it has.

so, if this is similar to my issue, more driving should help. the tech did recommend not switching thru the "ride selector" for a while. i don't use it because it's a pita anyway.

good luck, ron
Hey, I took my car in the shop and its been there for a week now and they are in contact with MBUSA and Germany trying to figure everything out they say its a software/ electronic issue they dont think the actual transmission has an issue.
Old 11-09-2017, 02:11 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 GLE43W4
Originally Posted by YazAMG
Hey, I took my car in the shop and its been there for a week now and they are in contact with MBUSA and Germany trying to figure everything out they say its a software/ electronic issue they dont think the actual transmission has an issue.
Any Update?
Thanks in advance.
Old 11-09-2017, 02:36 PM

GLE450 AMG
Originally Posted by Kalaika
Any Update?
Thanks in advance.
the car is still in the shop, it’s the 11th day. I got an update yesterday saying they are flying an engineer from Germany and he’s arriving today to take a look. Crazy situation I’m in.