Sponsored By:

Lighting Question......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2018, 10:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLE350
Lighting Question......

My 2018 GLE350 has multiple options on the headlight switch.

A couple of them have me scratching my head. There is one position for right side running lights(front and rear), another position for left side running lights(front and rear)and a third for both lights on together. These are in addition to the headlight on selection and the Auto selection.

Why does MB put individual side selections on the switch?

Old 01-25-2018, 07:06 AM

Received 131 Likes on 114 Posts
AMG GLE43 Coupe
Originally Posted by Rabt
My 2018 GLE350 has multiple options on the headlight switch. A couple of them have me scratching my head. There is one position for right side running lights (front and rear), another position for left side running lights(front and rear)and a third for both lights on together. These are in addition to the headlight on selection and the Auto selection. Why does MB put individual side selections on the switch?

They're called Right-hand and Left-hand "standing" lights. If your car is parked on the shoulder of the road and you want to draw attention to it so you don't get hit by a passing motorist, you'd use these. They are useless compared to your "Hazard" lights (four-way flashers). Apparently, that and the rear fog light is something that's common in Europe.

My complaint is that MB illuminated the knob, but didn't think it was necessary to illuminate the different settings. At night you have to guess which lights are actually turned on. Whose idiotic idea was this? Judging by the thread below, I'm not the only one irked by this.

https://mbworld.org/forums/new-m-cla...umination.html

Last edited by GLE43_Sube; 01-25-2018 at 08:55 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Rabt (01-25-2018)