Pre Safe and Pre Safe plus

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2018, 10:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
GLE350
Pre Safe and Pre Safe plus

Hi All

i got a 2018 GLE 350 with package 3 about a month ago and I'm still getting familiar with a benz. Does anyone know how to enable or disable the pre safe and pre safe plus features? According to the pictures on mbusa.com I should be able to enable it on the dash menu but I don't even see it as an option..

I see graphic assist, active brake, active steering, attention assist, active blind spot, active lane, etc. but nothing on pre safe and nothing on cross traffic...

is this Normal? Is the pre Safe on at all times? Thanks

Old 02-27-2018, 11:19 PM

Received 131 Likes on 114 Posts
AMG GLE43 Coupe
Originally Posted by Aznxnitro
Hi All

i got a 2018 GLE 350 with package 3 about a month ago and I'm still getting familiar with a benz. Does anyone know how to enable or disable the pre safe and pre safe plus features? According to the pictures on mbusa.com I should be able to enable it on the dash menu but I don't even see it as an option..

I see graphic assist, active brake, active steering, attention assist, active blind spot, active lane, etc. but nothing on pre safe and nothing on cross traffic...

is this Normal? Is the pre Safe on at all times? Thanks

PRE-SAFE is a component of BAS (Brake Assist System). PRE-SAFE intervenes in emergency braking situations when BAS is activated. To turn off PRE-SAFE, you need to deactivate BAS.