Sponsored By:

Android auto SLOWWWW

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2018, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 MB E350
Android auto SLOWWWW

I just bought a 2018 GLE. I have a Galaxy Edge 7 phone. The Android Auto screen takes 10 to 15 seconds to respond to an input using the rotary controller. Any one else having this problem?
Old 04-12-2018, 08:04 AM

Received 131 Likes on 114 Posts
AMG GLE43 Coupe
I use AA with my LG V20 and commands are instantaneous. It must be an issue with your phone, since I'm sure we have the same software in the car. Which version of Android are your running? See if there's an update for your phone. If not, try this.
  • Open AA when NOT connected to the car.
  • Go to AA "Settings".
  • Delete all vehicles from the list of "Connected Cars".
  • Do a "Hard Reboot" to your phone. That is, take the battery out and wait a while. If your battery in not removable, do a "Shut Down" (NOT a restart). Wait a while. Then restart your phone.
  • Re-pair your phone with the car's AA.
  • In AA "Settings", make sure "Limit WiFi" and "Show Message Notifications" are both turned ON. "Use Bluetooth" should be turned OFF.
  • Set AA to "Autolaunch".
  • Download "MediaMonkey" and "Rocket Player" as your media players. They're both compatible with AA. They both work much better than Google Play Music and allow you to select music by Genre, Artist, Track, etc. You'll have to set them up "outside" of AA first. Then, when you open AA they'll appear in the list of media players.
Old 04-12-2018, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 MB E350
Thanks. I'll give that a try.
Old 04-12-2018, 01:59 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2021 AMG GLC63S Coupe, 2020 GLE 450
I dont have an android, I use apple carplay with my iphone x. I will say that when i had my older iphone 6 the carplay was quite sluggish. After getting my X it performs much better. just fyi..