Sponsored By:

Ionizer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2018, 12:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GLE
Ionizer

I did a search but not much info. I have 2018 GLE and bought it with the Air Ionization with Filter (per the spec sheet) but I have no idea where that filter is nor can I tell any difference when I have it on or off in the infotainment center. When I ordered the vehicle it showed the little fragrance bottles that some other models have and talk about a scent like "fresh rain". I am not sure there is anything to this but anyone know where the filter for this is? I have googled and found nothing on the GLE model for the location. It may be $280 I will never get use of.......
Old 05-10-2018, 06:36 AM

Received 131 Likes on 114 Posts
AMG GLE43 Coupe
Originally Posted by sailj22
I did a search but not much info. I have 2018 GLE and bought it with the Air Ionization with Filter (per the spec sheet) but I have no idea where that filter is nor can I tell any difference when I have it on or off in the infotainment center. When I ordered the vehicle it showed the little fragrance bottles that some other models have and talk about a scent like "fresh rain". I am not sure there is anything to this but anyone know where the filter for this is? I have googled and found nothing on the GLE model for the location. It may be $280 I will never get use of.......
You're confusing two distinctly different systems. There's the "Cabin-air Purification System" and then there's the "Air Balance Cabin Fragrance System". The latter is not available on the GLE. Check the website. You won't see it listed as standard equipment nor as an available option. I have the Cabin-air Purification System. There are no separate filters. The filters are a part of the regular HVAC system. It just uses two of them. If they showed you the little fragrance bottles when you ordered the car, that ad was mislabeled, which doesn't surprise me. I've found other errors on the MB website itself, such as a photo depicting one feature, with text describing a completely different feature.

The following 2 users liked this post by GLE43_Sube:
sailj22 (05-10-2018), Shrdlu (05-13-2018)
Old 05-10-2018, 07:41 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GLE
Thanks. That explains it but not sure the $280 option was worth getting as I can tell no difference when it is on or off through the infotainment system. They did charge me for the option though according to the sticker. And yes, when I ordered the vehicle it did show the air balance fragrance system in the picture with the description of the air purification system. No big deal but in hindsight I probably wouldn't order it again.
Old 05-10-2018, 10:00 AM

Received 131 Likes on 114 Posts
AMG GLE43 Coupe
Originally Posted by sailj22
Thanks. That explains it but not sure the $280 option was worth getting as I can tell no difference when it is on or off through the infotainment system. They did charge me for the option though according to the sticker. And yes, when I ordered the vehicle it did show the air balance fragrance system in the picture with the description of the air purification system. No big deal but in hindsight I probably wouldn't order it again.
Have you ever smelled any odors inside the cabin? Does anyone ever sneeze from pollen? Do you smell car exhaust from other vehicles? Is the cabin air always fresh? If you answered, "no, no, no & yes", then the air ionizer and dual activated charcoal filters are working as intended. It's one of those situations where you're more likely to notice the "absence" of this feature, than the feature itself.