GLE Class (W166) Produced 2015-2019
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

RATTLING/CREAKS/SQUEAKS

Old 08-05-2018, 02:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 GLE 350 RWD SUV (Premium 1, Parking Assist Package, H-K, I regret not getting Premium 2!)
Angry RATTLING/CREAKS/SQUEAKS

I have been experiencing a staggering amount of noises from my GLE. Anybody else had rattles? What did you do fix them? It is totally unacceptable coming from a $60,000 USD vehicle! Ruins the whole driving experience.
Old 08-05-2018, 07:52 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
gle 350 2016
Which area? i had problem with cup holder area they replace it. also they fix roof rattle and battery was loose.

Last edited by softfree; 08-05-2018 at 07:54 AM.
Old 08-06-2018, 10:56 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
C300 W205, GLE300 W166
I haven’t had any squeeks or rattles at all.. take it to your dealership and they will snug everything tight.

compared to the w205 sedan (or even the glc), the gle is a solid tank, heavier doors, solid thud, etc.
The following users liked this post:
lakshkalra (08-09-2018)
Old 08-09-2018, 06:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 GLE 350 RWD SUV (Premium 1, Parking Assist Package, H-K, I regret not getting Premium 2!)
Originally Posted by A2thek
I haven’t had any squeeks or rattles at all.. take it to your dealership and they will snug everything tight.

compared to the w205 sedan (or even the glc), the gle is a solid tank, heavier doors, solid thud, etc.
Thanks! The GLE is a very solid car. In spite of the rattles, I have had a great time driving it for the past year!
Old 10-15-2018, 05:12 PM

Received 131 Likes on 114 Posts
AMG GLE43 Coupe
End Squeaks & Rattles For Good

If you're like me, you absolutely hate squeaks and rattles. Some people just learn to live with them. Why on the last forum I frequented, I even heard someone say, "That's what the sound system is for." What?!!! That's just crazy. No one should have to tolerate those annoying sounds, especially with a vehicle in this price range. Well, I was proud to say my car had no squeaks or rattles. That is, until recently. After enjoying a year and a half of blissful silence, a dreaded rattle developed. I refuse to make a separate trip to the dealer for something as trivial (yet still annoying) as a rattle. I decided to wait until I went in for my annual state inspection to have the dealer take a look at it. I was expecting them to say, "We just can't find it." Lo and behold, they found it. It was the sunroof. All that was needed was some lube on the sunroof weather stripping. No adjustments. No parts to replace. Just plain old lube. Voilą! No more rattles. Rattles can be so difficult to pinpoint their origin. Sometimes they seem to be omnidirectional. I thought it was coming from the right "A" pillar. I wasn't even close. Who knew dry weather stripping could cause a rattle? Every rattle I've ever had in previous vehicles turned out to be something actually loose.

You're probably asking, "Why is he writing this lengthy post just to talk about a sunroof rattle." Hear's why. I looked at the dealer invoice and they listed the exact lubricant used. It's called "Krytox". Those in the automotive industry are probably quite familiar with this. I'd never heard of it. Apparently, it's some space-age lube that contains no petroleum or silicone. It's made specifically for window & sunroof seals, door & trunk gaskets, convertible top gaskets and engine hoses. Supposedly, all of the automakers use it.

Amazon Amazon

I rushed out and ordered some for myself. It's a clear liquid with a semi-thick consistency. It comes with its own applicator too. I decided to treat the weather stripping on all of the doors, door jambs, rear hatch jamb and sunroof again (just for good measure). Even if you don't have squeaks or rattles, it's probably a good idea to treat your weather stripping just to keep it soft and supple. Otherwise, eventually it will start to dry out and crack. The only down side of Krytox is it's super expensive. A 2-ounce bottle cost a whopping $30! However, I was pleasantly surprised to discover after doing the whole car, there was no noticeable amount gone from the bottle. I could probably do the entire car another ten times with the remainder. Considering the fact that you probably only need to use this every other year at most, for me this is essentially a lifetime supply.

I just wanted to share this amazing product with everyone. Now, my car is again as quiet as a mouse. So if you're suffering in silence over a plethora of squeaks and rattles, try some of this stuff. Better yet, have the dealer use some on your vehicle. You'll be amazed at the difference.
Old 10-16-2018, 09:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 442 Likes on 306 Posts
19 E63s(wifeys) & a 21 GLE580
Thanks. I just made Bezo’s a little richer. I’ve been looking for something myself since my car has been very noisy since I recently had a ceramic coating applied.
Old 10-30-2018, 12:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 139 Posts
2018 GLC 4MATIC
I have used these two products

#1 as you can tell by reviews
nextzett 91480615 'Gummi Pflege Stift' Rubber Care Stick - 3.4 fl. oz
Amazon Amazon

#2 also very good product from good brand
303 Rubber Seal Protectant and Conditioner for Weather Seals - 3.4 fl. oz.
Amazon Amazon
Old 11-01-2018, 08:18 AM

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts
GLE400, 2017 Porsche 911S
I am on my second GLE (2019) and previously leased 3 ML's. I have never had any rattles. I am OCD with rattles so I consider myself well versed on this topic.
Not to change the subject but the 2019 GLE has acceleration like no other GLE's or ML's I have leased. You don't have to put it in Sports mode to achieve good acceleration. It really is a game changer. Poor acceleration from my previous MB SUV's has always been a complaint I have had. I believe they have added a Turbo in the 2019 GLE. I wanted to wait for the 2020 but I wanted to take advantage of an expiring $2000 certificate and other incentives. Plus, I was over miles and didn't want to get hit with a big invoice from MB.
Old 06-01-2023, 01:48 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2022 GLE 350 4Matic, 2018 BMW X3
Looks like a similar issue with: https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class...ml#post8776818
Old 06-02-2023, 06:28 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,178 Likes on 1,861 Posts
PFL205.064
Originally Posted by GLE43_Sube
If you're like me, you absolutely hate squeaks and rattles. Some people just learn to live with them. Why on the last forum I frequented, I even heard someone say, "That's what the sound system is for." What?!!! That's just crazy. No one should have to tolerate those annoying sounds, especially with a vehicle in this price range. Well, I was proud to say my car had no squeaks or rattles. That is, until recently. After enjoying a year and a half of blissful silence, a dreaded rattle developed. I refuse to make a separate trip to the dealer for something as trivial (yet still annoying) as a rattle. I decided to wait until I went in for my annual state inspection to have the dealer take a look at it. I was expecting them to say, "We just can't find it." Lo and behold, they found it. It was the sunroof. All that was needed was some lube on the sunroof weather stripping. No adjustments. No parts to replace. Just plain old lube. Voilą! No more rattles. Rattles can be so difficult to pinpoint their origin. Sometimes they seem to be omnidirectional. I thought it was coming from the right "A" pillar. I wasn't even close. Who knew dry weather stripping could cause a rattle? Every rattle I've ever had in previous vehicles turned out to be something actually loose.

You're probably asking, "Why is he writing this lengthy post just to talk about a sunroof rattle." Hear's why. I looked at the dealer invoice and they listed the exact lubricant used. It's called "Krytox". Those in the automotive industry are probably quite familiar with this. I'd never heard of it. Apparently, it's some space-age lube that contains no petroleum or silicone. It's made specifically for window & sunroof seals, door & trunk gaskets, convertible top gaskets and engine hoses. Supposedly, all of the automakers use it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I rushed out and ordered some for myself. It's a clear liquid with a semi-thick consistency. It comes with its own applicator too. I decided to treat the weather stripping on all of the doors, door jambs, rear hatch jamb and sunroof again (just for good measure). Even if you don't have squeaks or rattles, it's probably a good idea to treat your weather stripping just to keep it soft and supple. Otherwise, eventually it will start to dry out and crack. The only down side of Krytox is it's super expensive. A 2-ounce bottle cost a whopping $30! However, I was pleasantly surprised to discover after doing the whole car, there was no noticeable amount gone from the bottle. I could probably do the entire car another ten times with the remainder. Considering the fact that you probably only need to use this every other year at most, for me this is essentially a lifetime supply.

I just wanted to share this amazing product with everyone. Now, my car is again as quiet as a mouse. So if you're suffering in silence over a plethora of squeaks and rattles, try some of this stuff. Better yet, have the dealer use some on your vehicle. You'll be amazed at the difference.
Glad to hear they figured it out and thanks for linking the product