Sponsored By:

Multicontour Seat Cushion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 11:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2024 GLE 450e
Multicontour Seat Cushion

FYI for those considering multicontour seats in GLE.

I have a 2018 GLE 350 with multi-contour seats. while I've had the vehicle a bit less than a year, i've got almost 20K miles on it.

I've recently noticed that the seat bottom seems soft, and if i bump up the seat cushion setting all that changes is the front edge of the seat becomes firmer and raised, putting considerable pressure on the bottom on my thighs.

I took it in for service this week, expecting it to be a problem with an air bladder or pump. After a couple days in the shop, the determination was "normal". when i picked it up i spent some time with the shop foreman who had done a lot of research. it seems the multicontour option is different in just about every model. In the GLE there is no bladder for the seat cushion base (ie: under your butt), only at the front edge. (NOTE: when in the sales process, the sales rep had me try the seats on a sedan (don't recall which model) which did have the full seat bottom adjustment). Documentation in the user guide is very sparse, but the Command screen does show the entire seat bottom as part of the seat surface setting.

I guess over the last year the seat cushion foam itself has compressed, and leads to feeling like you are sitting in a hole. I will take it in next time and report the seat cushion has softened and needs to be replaced.

I still love the capability of these seats, especially the massage on long drives, but i am disappointed with the durability of the seat cushion.
The following users liked this post:
Trainman (08-26-2019)
Old 08-26-2019, 10:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C-55amg
Thumbs up

Thanks for that info, I recently picked up a 2018 gle43 with these seats. It has just 11000 miles so I’ll keep an eye out, or should I say, my butt for this issue.