Notices
GLE Class (W166) 2016 - Present
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Tuner for GLE 350d?

Old 01-21-2019, 08:47 PM

2010 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
Question Tuner for GLE 350d?

Hello all, hoping some of you driving the diesels have ideas about piggy back tuners. No secret the turbo's are dialed way back in most TD's these days my 6.7 cummins has been fantastic once i deleted and tuned it 6 years ago, never selling that truck.

I had a 2008 ML63 that was great except for gas mileage and its hunger for tires and brakes (sold in 2012) missing my ML so I just picked up a 2016 350d and now looking to open it up a bit, anybody running tuners?

cheers,
Old 01-23-2019, 03:29 PM

2010 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
Wow almost 70 reads and nobody has thought or tuned their MB's?
Old 01-24-2019, 01:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A gaggle of MB's
In perspective - there are not-that=many GLE350d owner's - and compared to GLE350/gas - and I personally know a GLE350d that has done a "tune".

GLE350d "tune's" are more common in Europe - and tend to be the "box" style - so that the tune can be removed easily - return to stock programming - when inspection is due.

That said - so you know - the Euro GLE350d and US/NA GLE350d have different factory set tunes - so in shopping for a tune you need to search for a original tuner (not a hacker) who has worked/designed a tune for US/NA model GLE350d.

One of the Euro houses that does have US/NA GLE350d tuner "box" is ChipExpress - and they are legit people.

Hope this helps you a bit ,,, keep the beat !
Old 01-24-2019, 05:04 PM

2010 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
Thanks for the info Fab, I am not surprised to hear that Euro factory tunes would be different as my C63 was also this way. I only want a piggy back so easily removed as you mentioned for good reason.

I am surprised why owners are so shy about the TD's with the almost 500lbs of torque along with 700 plus mile range makes it a no brainer for me.

Will advise if i get any traction on my quest!
Old 01-26-2019, 06:19 PM

GLE350d
Originally Posted by Dadeo View Post
Thanks for the info Fab, I am not surprised to hear that Euro factory tunes would be different as my C63 was also this way. I only want a piggy back so easily removed as you mentioned for good reason.

I am surprised why owners are so shy about the TD's with the almost 500lbs of torque along with 700 plus mile range makes it a no brainer for me.

Will advise if i get any traction on my quest!
This tune works quite well - not the same as the gas tune but a noticeable difference. No issues with check engine lights or other issues.
https://tdi-tuning.com/car/mercedes-...uning-box-chip
The Following User Says Thank You to BulldogGLE For This Useful Post:
Dadeo (02-05-2019)