Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Paintless Dent Removal?

Old 05-11-2019, 05:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLE 43
Angry Paintless Dent Removal?

Hi everyone,

I had a stupid accident earlier this week. My hands were full and it was raining, while putting items on the passenger seat I dropped a steel thermos onto the inside door jam behind the door sill. Now there's a fun little dent there that's been driving me crazy! I've only had this car for a month!!

Fortunately it is in an inconspicuous area of the car, but I still would like to know if it can be fixed by paintless dent removal. Does anyone have some expertise to share and maybe a ballpark figure of how much it would be?

Thanks!

Old 05-11-2019, 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 112 Likes on 106 Posts
2010 Mercedes GL450; 2000 Mercedes ML55 AMG; 2016 VW GLI SEL Stick!!!
Lease or own
?
Pdr should be less than 100$
Old 05-12-2019, 07:38 AM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
1999 E430, 2014 ML350 4Matic
Getting the tools behind that dent is going to be difficult - maybe impossible. The PDR guys also have little studs they glue on to pull out a dent (as opposed to pushing it out from behind). That might work. Cost varies but my guess is under $100.
Old 05-12-2019, 01:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLE 43
Originally Posted by kombifan View Post
Lease or own
?
Pdr should be less than 100$
This is an owned vehicle. I have done PDR before but that was only on door panels where they can easily fit the suction cup tool to pop it out. This dent is really close to the edge of the inside door frame and the space is very tight to mount the tool. I'm thinking of holding off the repair until my next maintenance interval to have the dealer use their own PDR guy. Maybe I can live with it since I don't see it everyday...lol
Old 05-15-2019, 12:49 PM

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts
2014 ML 350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by alexchen86 View Post
Hi everyone,

I had a stupid accident earlier this week. My hands were full and it was raining, while putting items on the passenger seat I dropped a steel thermos onto the inside door jam behind the door sill. Now there's a fun little dent there that's been driving me crazy! I've only had this car for a month!!

Fortunately it is in an inconspicuous area of the car, but I still would like to know if it can be fixed by paintless dent removal. Does anyone have some expertise to share and maybe a ballpark figure of how much it would be?

Thanks!

where are you located? i know of a great place that'll do paintless dent repair
Old 05-16-2019, 02:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 517 Likes on 411 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Frankly - I don't think that will be PDR repairable - it's heavy frame material and quite challenging..
Old 05-16-2019, 08:07 AM

Received 93 Likes on 84 Posts
AMG GLE43 Coupe
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1 View Post
Frankly - I don't think that will be PDR repairable - it's heavy frame material and quite challenging..
I was thinking the same thing, but didn't want to be the bearer of bad news. That's thick steel. Nothing like a body panel.