Sponsored By:

spotify has to be turned up so loud

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2019, 12:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s550
spotify has to be turned up so loud

Hi all, just purchased a 2016 GLE 350, so I’m still have a lot to learn. I have been trying to figure out apple car play, and have been using Spotify, but it doesn’t come in very loud and so I turn up the volume, but then if a phone call comes thru, it blasts us out of the car. Any ideas on what’s going on or how to correct it?
Old 10-29-2019, 11:01 AM

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts
2016 GLE 350 4Matic, 2019 GLS 450 4Matic
Check iPhone settings for ringer volume and speaker volume. Depending on what you are setting, it's easy to mix up the two and I suspect that you're turning up the ringer volume to get the phone volume output louder. I believe I did that once and nearly hit the roof from the amplified car volume of the phone's ringer.

If your dealership has a concierge as mine did, have someone run you through the Apple Carplay operation. Mine dealerships help benefited me with little operational things like that where I wasn't used to them on my previous vehicle.
Old 10-29-2019, 01:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s550
Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately the dealership is in another town, so I guess I’ll have to start a list of things to go over for the next time I go there. I am actually turning up the volume in the car, and my volume on my phone is just a normal volume, (below the 1/2 way point). The iheartradio app is fine, it’s just with Spotify, so I’ll have to keep monkeying with it.