GLE Class (W166) Produced 2015-2019

2017 GLE350 Rear Seat Entertainment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2019, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 GLE350
2017 GLE350 Rear Seat Entertainment

What's up guys. Few weeks ago, I bought a 2017 GLE350 4Matic. Came off a lease return 29K miles and had every package that I was looking for.
It also has the rear entertainment system setup with the 2 screens which was perfect for my kids. I didn't test them out at the used auto dealership but after getting home and figuring out how to turn it on, 1 of the screens was damaged/cracked internally.

I'm looking to get both screens replaced with something aftermarket. The cheapest I found an OEM screen was about $1200 which I am not going to pay.

Looking for some suggestions on replacement entertainment screens. I don't care that the factory DVD system wont be connected anymore as I plan on putting movies/shows on a USB flashdrive or SD card and letting the screens play through that.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I'm shocked they don't sell a replacement screen and I cant even find somewhere that can replace the screen.

This is what I have currently.

https://assets.mbusa.com/vcm/MB/Digi...V-075-MCFO.jpg
Old 11-07-2019, 08:17 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
'20 CLS53, '16 GLE 400 4M (hers) '14 E350 4M (daughter's)
We had the full rear entertainment in our last GL, and wanted something for the rear seat passenger but didn't like the $2500 list. We have the prewiring but opted for a pretty simple MB iPad mount that fits below the front seat headrest. It isn't quite as elegant, but we had the iPads anyway and it is one less set of headphones/remotes/controls I have to learn, deal with or keep up with. There are a number of different versions, we got a couple thrown in from the dealer (must be a helluva markup). Only issue is there isn't power to them...you need a lighter plug and cables if you need them charged, but work like a top.