GLE Class (W166) Produced 2015-2019
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

'Active body control malfunction' error - advice?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2021, 06:46 PM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
GLE63 AMG
'Active body control malfunction' error - advice?

16' GLE 63. "Active body control malfunction" message was displayed in instrument cluster today. Any advice for next steps? Straight to the dealer, anything I can DIY, or take to a independent?

Side note-I did do a search and didn't find anything related to GLE's about this topic.
Old 04-07-2021, 03:05 PM

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts
2020 GLE450 / 2003 BMW M5
Originally Posted by Atlanta AMG
Straight to the dealer, anything I can DIY, or take to a independent?
Depends. If you go around a corner and feel like you’re suddenly piloting HMS Queen Mary, then ACS is no working.

Mine was leaking hydraulic fluid from a split line under the front ACS hydraulic reservoir. It was dropping fluid on my garage floor and the reservoir was going to run dry. You don’t want the reservoir to go dry and destroy your pump. That is very expensive.

If it’s not leaking, then it’s probably a sensor. If one of the sensors is acting up you might be inconvenienced / annoyed, but I’m not sure it’s catastrophic.

When I had a valve block need to be replaced, there was no indication from the system. It was just clunking and shifting the car oddly. Again, not immediately catastrophic, but annoying.

Good luck.
Old 04-07-2021, 07:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,075 Likes on 862 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
Wonder if that was the reason for the sudden mark down and the dealer knew? There was a recall for the active curve system. Was the work done on your GLE? First, check to make sure it has active curve.