GLE Class (W166) Produced 2015-2019

2016 GLE 400 Panaromic Sunroof not working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2022, 11:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes GLE 400 21016
2016 GLE 400 Panaromic Sunroof not working

My panaromic sunroof stopped working. The shade is open and the sunroof is closed. When I try to open it (i.e., sliding back), there is no response at all. When I pull down the switch (the action you need to tilt down), a motor engages and then pauses as it is already in closed position.

I have burned countless hours in YouTube and people talk about resetting the sunroof. I tried it and not working. In former forums, I read that there may be a fuse box issue but I can't find a diagram what fuse controls the motor that goes to sunroof engines. Any takes on this?
Old 09-22-2022, 07:14 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,024 Likes on 3,161 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by bjk_new
My panaromic sunroof stopped working. The shade is open and the sunroof is closed. When I try to open it (i.e., sliding back), there is no response at all. When I pull down the switch (the action you need to tilt down), a motor engages and then pauses as it is already in closed position.

I have burned countless hours in YouTube and people talk about resetting the sunroof. I tried it and not working. In former forums, I read that there may be a fuse box issue but I can't find a diagram what fuse controls the motor that goes to sunroof engines. Any takes on this?
You or a mechanic need to diagnose this with XENTRY. Each button and control unit can be investigated for problems. Message @BenzNinja for options.
The following 2 users liked this post by chassis:
BenzNinja (09-22-2022), bjk_new (09-22-2022)