GLE Class (W166) Produced 2015-2019

Total brake failure

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2022, 05:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLE 500e
Total brake failure

Anybody had total brake failure? My GLE 500e with 43,000 km on the clock has total brake failure a week after a B service. Pedal went to the floor. Dealer has had the car for a month and denies there is anything wrong with it. Would appreciate any thoughts.
Old 10-31-2022, 07:20 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,024 Likes on 3,161 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by mawfth
Anybody had total brake failure? My GLE 500e with 43,000 km on the clock has total brake failure a week after a B service. Pedal went to the floor. Dealer has had the car for a month and denies there is anything wrong with it. Would appreciate any thoughts.
What year is your car? After a month what has the dealer done to find the problem?

Did you ask them to tighten the brake bleed screws after replacing the brake fluid?
Old 10-31-2022, 09:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLE 500e
Car is 2016. They keep stating brake failure is impossible despite the tow truck driver confirming. They have taken apart the brakes and said nothing is wrong. As to the bleed they say if that were the case it would have happened sooner than a week after service. I have never had an issue with this car up until now, but I don’t have the confidence to take it back from the dealer. If this incident happened at speed on the highway I likely would not be writing this message. Would just like to get to the bottom of it, be assured it is repaired and move on.
Old 10-31-2022, 09:53 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,024 Likes on 3,161 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by mawfth
Car is 2016. They keep stating brake failure is impossible despite the tow truck driver confirming. They have taken apart the brakes and said nothing is wrong. As to the bleed they say if that were the case it would have happened sooner than a week after service. I have never had an issue with this car up until now, but I don’t have the confidence to take it back from the dealer. If this incident happened at speed on the highway I likely would not be writing this message. Would just like to get to the bottom of it, be assured it is repaired and move on.
After one month and they say there is nothing wrong, take the car back and see for yourself.

There is more to this story.