Sponsored By:

Problem with download manager for manual map updates

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2024, 01:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes GLE450
Problem with download manager for manual map updates

2023 GLE 450. I was wondering if anyone has experience doing manual map updates using a Mac OS machine? I've followed the process, downloaded the download manager, chose the region to update and launched the manager. It recognizes my properly formatted USB drive. The small red circular ring spins but no download commences then I get a message in the manager saying there has been a problem and to relaunch. I do this repeatedly trying different regions but get the same result. Just wondering if there is anything I should be doing differently on a Mac versus Windows machine? Thank you all in advance.
Old 03-08-2024, 02:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,776 Likes on 2,525 Posts
2019 C63CS
Long story short, get a Windows machine. This whole process is problematic on MacOS. Most people have issues with a Mac. Just search the forum. BTW, you are in the wrong forum. Yours is a 167. This forum is for MY 2015-2019.

Last edited by superswiss; 03-08-2024 at 02:03 PM.
Old 03-08-2024, 02:08 PM

Mercedes GLE450
Thanks for the reply and the correction. Much appreciated.
Old 05-25-2024, 02:51 PM

MB GLS 450
Originally Posted by clivebaxter
2023 GLE 450. I was wondering if anyone has experience doing manual map updates using a Mac OS machine? I've followed the process, downloaded the download manager, chose the region to update and launched the manager. It recognizes my properly formatted USB drive. The small red circular ring spins but no download commences then I get a message in the manager saying there has been a problem and to relaunch. I do this repeatedly trying different regions but get the same result. Just wondering if there is anything I should be doing differently on a Mac versus Windows machine? Thank you all in advance.

I have exactly the same problem with macOS. Asking Dealer to create the thumb drive for me was unsuccessful, at least so far. I have complained to MB customer service with no real help ... the nice ladies that call have no software expertise and do not understand the problem. I don't see MB being of any real help. Apart from getting dealer to step up with some support, best to find a family member or neighbor with a Windows machine. That is what I did last year.

Last edited by ruthannandjim; 05-25-2024 at 02:52 PM.