GLE 43 AMG - What to be aware of when purchasing used

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E350
GLE 43 AMG - What to be aware of when purchasing used

Hi.

I am checking out a 2017 GLE 43 AMG SUV with about 150K KM.
What are known issues or things to watch out for (or be aware of) when buying this vehicle?
  1. If the vehicle was maintained properly, what parts the previous owner should have replaced by this age/mileage? For example: spark plugs, etc. That is, if they didn't, it would be overdue, and I'd need to budget for those.
  2. What parts should I be prepared to replace within the next 12-18 months given the age and mileage of the vehicle? These would be the parts that usually need replacing at a certain age/mileage.

Thanks much!
Old Yesterday, 11:54 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,462 Likes on 2,097 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by cad1857
Hi.

I am checking out a 2017 GLE 43 AMG SUV with about 150K KM.
What are known issues or things to watch out for (or be aware of) when buying this vehicle?
  1. If the vehicle was maintained properly, what parts the previous owner should have replaced by this age/mileage? For example: spark plugs, etc. That is, if they didn't, it would be overdue, and I'd need to budget for those.
  2. What parts should I be prepared to replace within the next 12-18 months given the age and mileage of the vehicle? These would be the parts that usually need replacing at a certain age/mileage.

Thanks much!
Transmission fluid should be done already (twice? At that mileage), spark plugs like you mentioned, differential fluid, transfer case fluid, brake fluid every other service, coils, coolant, might be too early but transmission mount and motor mounts, shocks should still be good, obvious things like brake pads and rotors, tires, alignment, tire balancing, engine air filters, cabin air filter, activated charcoal cabin air filter (beneath the glovebox), polv v belt, check all belts, 12V battery might still be in good condition, auxiliary battery.

Those are off the top of my head I might had missed many things though.
The following users liked this post:
cad1857 (Yesterday)