GLE Class (W166) Produced 2015-2019

Ambient lights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2024 | 02:13 PM

2017 gle350
Ambient lights

Hi guys! New to the page, hope I could have some help with this. Couldn’t find another thread with a similar issue…

so my 2017 gle350 has ambient lighting. I can change it to 3 different colors. Everything seems to work perfectly fine, but once I start driving after a minute or two, they always turn off! I’ve checked all the settings in the car I’m not sure if I’m missing something but I can’t seem to know how to keep them on while I drive. Is this something that is normal for them to turn off while driving or is the car having some type of issue?
Old 08-20-2024 | 10:52 AM

2016 GLE 300d 4-Matic
If this is the same interior lighting that comes on when you open a door, the default state is to turn on when you open the door, then turn off after a set period (you can vary this time period between "off" and 60 seconds from a sub-menu of the "Vehicle" menu in the Command display). You can also turn them on manually (there's a switch on the upper console - see the "Interior Lighting" section of your owner's manual) and they will stay on, even when the vehicle is not operating, and will run down the battery if not manually turned off.
Old 08-21-2024 | 04:11 PM

2017 gle350
Yes! The ambient light trim around the door panels of the car. And the above the glove box. Interesting! Had no idea these turn off after a period of time in this vehicle. In my 2013 e350 the iconic “orangeish” Mercedes ambient lights stays on the entire time while driving. Thank you for that information, my friend! Glad nothing is wrong with the lighting system.
The following users liked this post:
John Ha (08-23-2024)