GLE Class (W166) Produced 2015-2019

Air Suspension Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2024 | 02:41 PM

Air Suspension Problem

I'm trying to narrow down the issue, but the right rear air suspension will sag... but only sometimes.
I can park it sometimes for hours and its fine, but occasionally, it sags down (just the right rear one).
I took it in for repair and they replaced the compressor (because it was supposedly leaking)... but it did not fix the problem.
They tested all four air bags and none had leaks, so they assumed it was just the compressor.

Intermittent problems are the worst as they are hard to diagnose and to fix.
Has anyone else had this problem? and found the solution?
Old 09-06-2024 | 05:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
Helps when you post the year and model of your MB. Also helps to do a search before posting as every one of the issues you could ever imagine having has already been shared.
Old 09-08-2024 | 09:42 AM
Out Of Control!!
MBWorld Ambassador

2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by dpmcnamee
I'm trying to narrow down the issue, but the right rear air suspension will sag... but only sometimes.
I can park it sometimes for hours and its fine, but occasionally, it sags down (just the right rear one).
I took it in for repair and they replaced the compressor (because it was supposedly leaking)... but it did not fix the problem.
They tested all four air bags and none had leaks, so they assumed it was just the compressor.

read codes
bag leak
height sensor failure
air hose crack

You have checked all of the above? Please post the results.
Old 09-08-2024 | 02:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Old 09-10-2024 | 03:50 PM

GLE 400
Fixed

Originally Posted by dpmcnamee

I had a similar problem on my GLE400 2018. It started with right side and intermittently the same symptoms would appear on the left side.

dealership fixed it - very fine leak and both rear bags had to be replaced. Four months now and I have not seen the problem.