GLE Class (W166) Produced 2015-2019

AIRMATIC Calibration

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2024 | 02:23 PM

GLE550e
AIRMATIC Calibration

2018 GLE 550e 4MATIC Plug-in Hybrid with AIRMATIC suspension.

I occasionally find my wife's GLE550e not level and leaning towards the left rear wheel. The AIRMATIC system has no sensor error codes and no leaks. I have a computer with the calibration option. What are the calibration values for GLE class W166 with AIRMATIC? Do you have any advice or instructions for doing it correctly?

Thanks
Old 09-24-2024 | 02:31 PM

E320
The issue with your GLE550e leaning towards the left rear wheel could stem from several factors within the AIRMATIC system. Even in the absence of sensor error codes and leaks, the air springs themselves might have uneven wear or inconsistencies that affect leveling. Additionally, the height adjustment sensors specific to the left rear could be malfunctioning or providing inaccurate readings, causing the system to misbalance. Another possibility is a malfunction in the air suspension control module, which might not be properly communicating with the vehicle's central computer, leading to incorrect calibration despite no visible error codes. There should be fault codes on at least one or more control modules related to this issue. You’ll either need to take it to a mechanic, or if you want to figure this out yourself, get a full system scanner. the youcanic full system scanner is very good at diagnosing all systems, but there are other scan tools that can do this as well. Just be careful to use a full system scanner, or you may scan the car and see no fault codes since some scanners can’t read all vehicle systems.
Old 09-24-2024 | 03:02 PM

GLE550e
Originally Posted by jimyj
The issue with your GLE550e leaning towards the left rear wheel could stem from several factors within the AIRMATIC system. Even in the absence of sensor error codes and leaks, the air springs themselves might have uneven wear or inconsistencies that affect leveling. Additionally, the height adjustment sensors specific to the left rear could be malfunctioning or providing inaccurate readings, causing the system to misbalance. Another possibility is a malfunction in the air suspension control module, which might not be properly communicating with the vehicle's central computer, leading to incorrect calibration despite no visible error codes. There should be fault codes on at least one or more control modules related to this issue. You’ll either need to take it to a mechanic, or if you want to figure this out yourself, get a full system scanner. the youcanic full system scanner is very good at diagnosing all systems, but there are other scan tools that can do this as well. Just be careful to use a full system scanner, or you may scan the car and see no fault codes since some scanners can’t read all vehicle systems.
Thanks for the response. I have the FOXWELL NT710 OBD2 Scanner
Amazon Amazon
. Just looking for advice on what steps to take for the calibration process. Any youtube videos I've seen seem to have different angle values depending on model.
Old 09-24-2024 | 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!
Veteran: Army

'99 and '05 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by SmackIt
Thanks for the response. I have the FOXWELL NT710 OBD2 Scanner https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CHYGP6YB . Just looking for advice on what steps to take for the calibration process. Any youtube videos I've seen seem to have different angle values depending on model.
At least with STAR/Xentry, the calibration program provides the approved inclination angles and acceptable sensor voltages for your vehicle. I've recalibrated the suspension on my E55 three times in the 10 years I've owned it. Not difficult; a few nerves the first time but after that no issues. FWIW, I worked through the simulation mode before actually calibrating my car's suspension. Other non-OEM diagnostic systems can also calibrate the suspension so inquire with others as the systems that would work on your vehicle.