GLE43 Coupe (C292) 2016 - Present (Includes GLE450 Coupe)
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Drivers seat '17 amg gle43 coupe VS full size

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 10:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steel Grey 2012 ML350 is wife's
Drivers seat '17 amg gle43 coupe VS full size

Are the drivers seats the same in the 2017 AMG GLE43 Coupe and in the 2017 Full Size (non AMG) GLE models.. specifically the seat edges and bolsters ?

The seats in my wife's 2012 W166 are acceptable to me comfort-wise and don't want anything with taller sides, more pronounced bolsters or any more rigid.

I really like the character of the new Coupe but no local dealers have any for me to sit in.
Old 09-30-2016, 04:32 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2021 GLC 300 Coupe, Past ‘12 ML350 & ‘17 GLE AMG43 Coupe
The same seats are available in both models. The sport interior gives sport seats. The standards seats are on the vehicle unless you upgrade and you can also order the multi-contour massage seats with heating and cooling.
Old 10-04-2016, 01:39 PM

Just test drove the only GLE43 AMG the dealer has and it had sport seats (you mentioned) as the cushion had tall-stiff sides that aggravated my sciatica leg nerve.

The '17 GLE350 sitting next to it had the more comfortable flat-cushion seats.

Sales guy must not be familiar with these cars as he was clueless to the seat, figuring they all came that way
Old 10-04-2016, 05:33 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2021 GLC 300 Coupe, Past ‘12 ML350 & ‘17 GLE AMG43 Coupe
The sport seats are available with the sport interior package and I have mentioned on another thread about their stiffness and raised ridge sides. I agree with you.

The multi contour seats are not available with the sport package. Seats are a very personal option factoring multiple elements such as physique, any lingering sports injuries, sciatica and desired comfort. These seats provide infinite adjustment and great support. IMHO they are worth considering. We had the standard seats on our ML350 and we just could not get comfortable on long trips. We are looking forward to the arrival of our new GLE43 AMG Coupe this month with multi contour seats.

Unfortunately there are some sales reps who are either new or less informed on product knowledge. As important as knowing your product, it is important to select the right sales person based on knowledge and how well they interact with clients. We actually have both with our sales rep.

Good luck with your test drives and vehicle search.
The following users liked this post:
gocargo (10-04-2016)
Old 10-04-2016, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by AS705
The multi contour seats are not available with the sport package. Seats are a very personal option factoring multiple elements such as physique, any lingering sports injuries, sciatica and desired comfort. These seats provide infinite adjustment and great support. IMHO they are worth considering. We had the standard seats on our ML350 and we just could not get comfortable on long trips. We are looking forward to the arrival of our new GLE43 AMG Coupe this month with multi contour seats.
Thank you very much, there may be a GLE Coupe in my future after all !!