GLE43 Coupe (C292) 2016 - Present (Includes GLE450 Coupe)
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Active curve on GLE43 Coupe thoughts?

Old 12-04-2016, 11:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
12 CLS63
Question Active curve on GLE43 Coupe thoughts?

I did a search and opinions seem to be positive. I had PDCC on my '14 991 turbo which is the same thing, I believe, and loved it. I figure it'd make even more sense on an SUV, the issue is finding a car equipped the way I want that has it has proven challenging. I've only driven a car without it, gonna try and drive one with it next week, but I doubt the sale guy will really let me put it through significant lateral Gs to get a real feel for it.

Anyway, thoughts from those that have it and don't would be appreciated. Is it a must have option for those that like "spirited" driving? I'm trading in an M4 for this car, for practicality reasons, don't expect it to replace the M handling-wise of course.

Thanks!
Old 12-04-2016, 03:25 PM

Received 131 Likes on 114 Posts
AMG GLE43 Coupe
Originally Posted by ajag
I figure it'd make even more sense on an SUV. Is it a must have option for those that like "spirited" driving?
Yes and yes. With an SUV having a higher center of gravity, the benefits are exponential. You may not "feel" it working during a test drive, as its implementation is designed to be seamless. You're more likely to notice the ABSENCE of this feature during spirited driving.

I'm big on all safety features. Anything that can assist in maintaining control during emergency maneuvers is essential. In my opinion, getting the ACS is a no-brainer.
The following users liked this post:
ajag (12-04-2016)
Old 12-04-2016, 06:10 PM

12 CLS63
Thanks, if I can't locate one I'll probably order. I would imagine 4-5% off MSRP on ordered car is doable?
Old 12-04-2016, 10:03 PM

Received 131 Likes on 114 Posts
AMG GLE43 Coupe
I would imagine 4-5% off MSRP on ordered car is doable?
If you're able to get that, I'd jump on it. However, it'll depend on demand and availability in your particular region. I'd suggest you check some of the resources below. Go to truecar.com and see what actual customers are paying for similarly equipped vehicles in your area. Truecar will show you exactly how many people are paying what percentage above and below MSRP. This knowledge will give you bargaining power. Try for the "exceptional price" category. You can also check for dealer incentives, rebates and holdbacks. This is how some people pay less than dealer invoice for some cars and the dealers still make a nice profit. All of this depends on how popular the vehicle is. If the car is scarce and people are willing to pay "above" MSRP, it makes it more difficult for you to demand a bargain price. I've only ever seen "one" GLE Coupe on the road, and that was a 2016 GLE450. Even my dealer only had one on the lot at the time of my test drive. Around here, you're more likely to see a leprechaun, the Loch Ness Monster or Bigfoot than you are a GLE Coupe. Of course, this is bad news for the consumer.

My dealer searched nationwide for the exact build I wanted, to no avail. I had no choice but to build. Even then, my dealer had to trade with another dealer for their build slot. With all of that, I'm still only one month into a 90-day wait for delivery.

https://www.truecar.com

http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/Incentives-and-Rebates

https://www.edmunds.com/car-incentives/

https://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/dealer-holdback/
Old 12-05-2016, 11:18 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
GLE450 Coupe and C300w4
Yes, it's very helpful and looks cool. :-)
Old 12-05-2016, 11:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2004 E320, 2006 Audi A6, 2008 C350 W204, 2010 BMW F10, 2012 Porsche Carrera S 991, 2014 E350 W212
I used truecar.com once for a cheap Jeep car. But have not gotten any accurate price on 3 cars I bought after that (Maserati, Mercedes, and Volvo).

I noticed you are also in Chicago. When I bought my GLE 450 Coupe back in Jan. I shopped between 4 dealers in the area. Avereage offered 5% discount. I had to do some hard negotiation to get 8%. That's a dealer stock vehicle.

I think if you find a dealer stock and being year end, you should be able to get the same 8% discount if not a little more. Custom order will probably be a little less.
The following users liked this post:
ajag (12-05-2016)
Old 12-05-2016, 12:16 PM

12 CLS63
Originally Posted by yxc145
I used truecar.com once for a cheap Jeep car. But have not gotten any accurate price on 3 cars I bought after that (Maserati, Mercedes, and Volvo).

I noticed you are also in Chicago. When I bought my GLE 450 Coupe back in Jan. I shopped between 4 dealers in the area. Avereage offered 5% discount. I had to do some hard negotiation to get 8%. That's a dealer stock vehicle.

I think if you find a dealer stock and being year end, you should be able to get the same 8% discount if not a little more. Custom order will probably be a little less.
What dealers did you look at and which did you buy from, if I may ask, PM if that works better pls. I just checked out Orland Park, small dealer though, and no active curve models on the lot.
Old 12-05-2016, 12:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2004 E320, 2006 Audi A6, 2008 C350 W204, 2010 BMW F10, 2012 Porsche Carrera S 991, 2014 E350 W212
What dealers did you look at and which did you buy from, if I may ask, PM if that works better pls. I just checked out Orland Park, small dealer though, and no active curve models on the lot.
I checked out Autohaus on Edens, Loeber Motors, Motor Werks, and Mercedes Benz of Chicago. I bought from Mercedes Benz of Chicago. I have owned 12 cars in the past 15 years. Best car buying experience. Maybe I got lucky.

I was just in Loeber Motors last week and saw a black GLE 43 coupe with 22" wheel. Active Curve is mandatory with 22" wheels with 450. Not sure if that's the case with 43.
Old 12-05-2016, 12:27 PM

12 CLS63
Originally Posted by yxc145
I checked out Autohaus on Edens, Loeber Motors, Motor Werks, and Mercedes Benz of Chicago. I bought from Mercedes Benz of Chicago. I have owned 12 cars in the past 15 years. Best car buying experience. Maybe I got lucky.

I was just in Loeber Motors last week and saw a black GLE 43 coupe with 22" wheel. Active Curve is mandatory with 22" wheels with 450. Not sure if that's the case with 43.
Gotcha, I'll check them out. I think I limited myself in my search since I was looking for only 21" wheels as I wanted the all seasons, but I guess I can get 22s and then just buy some 21s for the winter. Who was your sales guy btw?