GLE43 Coupe (C292) 2016 - Present (Includes GLE450 Coupe)
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

AMG GLE 34 Coupe (Expected Depreciation)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 01:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes
AMG GLE 43 Coupe (Expected Depreciation)

Hi Everyone,

It's my first time here. So I'm grateful for your assistance.

I don't have a specific level of education surrounding cars, leasing or purchasing so if I come across as ignorant, I'm hoping it won't be for long with your guidance.

I'm interested in purchasing a 2018 GLE 43 Coupe,
pretty much fully loaded for $92,500 in California.

my main question is, What can I expect the cars value to be worth in 5 Years. assuming I pamper my car, and have around 75,000 Miles on it. Is there a depreciation rate I can expect??

Appreciate the time and education

Flex.

Last edited by Flexjet; 09-11-2017 at 02:19 PM.
Old 09-11-2017, 03:07 PM

Received 131 Likes on 114 Posts
AMG GLE43 Coupe
Well, being that the GLE43 Coupe hasn't even been out for five years, any estimate on its future depreciation would be purely speculative. I would say it will hold its value better than its domestic counterparts, but probably not as well as its Japanese equivalents.

In reality, it has only one true counterpart. That would be the X6. The Coupe is a niche vehicle. People either love it or hate it. This will likely affect its value, in that its not a car that appeals to the masses. For me, that's a major part of the attraction. It makes a statement. And I don't mean because it has a huge three-point start emblazoned on the grill. That statement is, "I dance to the beat of my own drum". "I'm a leader, not a follower." "I hate to anonymously blend in to the crowd." "I'm an iconoclast."

My question to you is this. Would you rather drive a car that you don't like as much, but depreciates less? Or would you rather drive the car of your dreams and not worry about depreciation? I've always chosen the latter. I always pamper my cars and have low mileage when I sell them. I keep them for several years and I couldn't care less about how much they depreciate. Cars in general are a lousy investment. If I want something that appreciates, I buy artwork.

You sound like you already have an exact vehicle built to your specifications. Buy it. Enjoy it. And don't worry about what it'll be worth in five years. Hell, you may not even be around in five years. Tomorrow is never guaranteed to any of us.

Last edited by GLE43_Sube; 09-11-2017 at 03:21 PM.
Old 09-15-2017, 06:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Sure...

You sound like a reasonably sane man - if you're not a celebrity owner - like Major League Sports or Hollywood - then reasonable expectation is 70%-80% like any other well built luxury European SUV.

You can consider "purchase" if you drive more than 15K miles a year - and/or you are comfortable driving the same car for 5yrs - then "purchase" can make sense - especially since your 5yr not right now can be had for as-good-as or slightly-better-than 15yr mortgage rates.

Leasing can make sense - best if less than 15K miles per yr - with the intention to move forward to your next vehicle in 2-3yrs.

Keep the beat !