GLE43 Coupe (C292) 2016 - Present (Includes GLE450 Coupe)
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Front end grabbing when turning...

Old 12-26-2017, 10:30 AM

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
2017 GLE43 Coupe
Front end grabbing when turning...

Recently, our '17 GLE 43 started "grabbing" the front tires when you're turning at slow speeds, especially when backing up, like out of a parking stall.

We have the 22" wheels, and those tires are WIDE, and quite frankly, I'm surprised that it hasn't done it up until now, beings that the vehicle is AWD.

Our rear tires are worn, and need to be replaced, and I need to get that done. Is that part of the issue that the front and rear tires are not the correct tolerance from front to back?, or is there something else going on that I should be aware of???
Old 12-26-2017, 12:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GLE43 coupe
Originally Posted by cadman_ks
Recently, our '17 GLE 43 started "grabbing" the front tires when you're turning at slow speeds, especially when backing up, like out of a parking stall.

We have the 22" wheels, and those tires are WIDE, and quite frankly, I'm surprised that it hasn't done it up until now, beings that the vehicle is AWD.

Our rear tires are worn, and need to be replaced, and I need to get that done. Is that part of the issue that the front and rear tires are not the correct tolerance from front to back?, or is there something else going on that I should be aware of???
I heard from the dealer that rear tires always wear out fast. The rear/front power ratio of the car is 60:40. Basically, it sends down more power to the rear axle which may accelerate the wear. Some tires comes with harder rubber. If I were in your position, I would try using all-seasons to make a comparison. You can check tirerack.com to see your options.
Old 12-26-2017, 01:04 PM

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
2017 GLE43 Coupe
Originally Posted by yyyrrrbbbok
I heard from the dealer that rear tires always wear out fast. The rear/front power ratio of the car is 60:40. Basically, it sends down more power to the rear axle which may accelerate the wear. Some tires comes with harder rubber. If I were in your position, I would try using all-seasons to make a comparison. You can check tirerack.com to see your options.
Getting AS tires is an excellent idea, IF they existed.

I have the 22" wheels, and there are only two tires manufacturers that make the tire. The original Pirellis, and Continentals.

I am switching to Contis for this next go round.

Will see how it goes...