GLE43 Coupe (C292) 2016 - Present (Includes GLE450 Coupe)
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Active Brake Assist Display Message

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 03:14 PM

Received 131 Likes on 114 Posts
AMG GLE43 Coupe
Active Brake Assist Display Message

Yesterday, I got this message on the display. It displayed for approx 10 seconds and then disappeared.

Active Brake Assist Functions Currently Limited See Operator's Manual

I looked it up in the manual. Below is what I found. The bottom line is, this message may appear on rare occasions. It's perfectly normal. It's only a problem if it continues to display. So if you get that same message, no need to panic.

Possible causes are:
  • The radar sensor system is temporarily inoperative, e.g. due to electromagnetic radiation emitted by nearby TV or radio stations or other sources of electromagnetic radiation
  • The system is outside the operating temperature range
  • The on-board voltage is too low.
  • On Mercedes-AMG vehicles, the ESP® is deactivated
  • Function is impaired due to heavy rain or snow
When the causes stated above no longer apply, the display message should disappear. Active Brake Assist is operational again. If the message does not disappear, this indicates a malfunction.

Last edited by GLE43_Sube; 01-25-2018 at 03:16 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by GLE43_Sube:
F18BEN (01-26-2018), Surge (12-01-2020)
Old 06-23-2019, 12:58 PM

Received 130 Likes on 83 Posts
2004 E55 K Wagon &. '96 SL500
Originally Posted by GLE43_Sube
Yesterday, I got this message on the display. It displayed for approx 10 seconds and then disappeared.

Active Brake Assist Functions Currently Limited See Operator's Manual

I looked it up in the manual. Below is what I found. The bottom line is, this message may appear on rare occasions. It's perfectly normal. It's only a problem if it continues to display. So if you get that same message, no need to panic.

Possible causes are:
  • The radar sensor system is temporarily inoperative, e.g. due to electromagnetic radiation emitted by nearby TV or radio stations or other sources of electromagnetic radiation
  • The system is outside the operating temperature range
  • The on-board voltage is too low.
  • On Mercedes-AMG vehicles, the ESP® is deactivated
  • Function is impaired due to heavy rain or snow
When the causes stated above no longer apply, the display message should disappear. Active Brake Assist is operational again. If the message does not disappear, this indicates a malfunction.
This happened to me today when driving fast on a windy road!car basically went into limp mode.
Restarted to get out of limp mode, but took 3rd restart after 10 mins to get rid of the CEL .
The car was idling uneven as well, then went back to normal after the 1st restart. Did this happen to you as well? Or again after this at all ?
Old 06-24-2019, 05:44 PM

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
2017 GLE43 Coupe
We've had this happen a couple of times.

It's usually accompanied by one of two things:
1) dirty sensors
2) heavy rain

We have never gone into limp mode because of it though. I wonder if you don't have something else going on???
Old 06-24-2019, 05:54 PM

Received 130 Likes on 83 Posts
2004 E55 K Wagon &. '96 SL500
Thanks yes was confirmed today by the tuner. It was due to boost pressure exceeding tolerances , not properly raised by the new tune.
Old 07-21-2020, 08:30 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 c43
Originally Posted by AhEmGee
Thanks yes was confirmed today by the tuner. It was due to boost pressure exceeding tolerances , not properly raised by the new tune.
Hi,
So I kind of had the same issue. Driving fast then all of a sudden that message pops up and all acceleration and shifting ceased. I pulled over, the car had rough idle. I turn it off and back on and it is fine. I also am tuned by eurocharged and I'm trying to work with them to fix it but haven't had any luck with the 6 tunes we've tried. How did you fix this??
Old 09-10-2020, 05:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W213 E220 2017
Smile Active Brake Assist Limited

I have checked my car today. Disconnected the camera on the windscreen and reconnected it again. The issue goes away for 1 minute and comes back again.
Every one is talking about a software update. Dealers charge £150 per hour, but want to confirm if that is the case.

Any one who had this issue please do let me know.

Thank you very much