GLE43 Coupe (C292) 2016 - Present (Includes GLE450 Coupe)
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

GLE Coupe Dynamic Turn Signal

Old 08-25-2018, 09:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 GLE 43 AMG Coupe
GLE Coupe Dynamic Turn Signal

I came across this video:

Fast forward to 3:00 in this video
, the center stripe across the tail light is actually amber turn signal. But I think here in the us, the tail turn signal is just the blinking brake light.

Does anyone know if it is possible to covert the tail light back to its intended design with amber turn signals?
Old 04-10-2020, 09:45 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 GLE450 AMG Coupe
So I too would like this information lol How could we get that effect? Or are those off-brand lights.
Old 07-26-2020, 09:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 GLE AMG 43
Originally Posted by mei_hawa
I came across this video: https://youtu.be/qfGtaSaSjYM

Fast forward to 3:00 in this video https://youtu.be/PwWyJEsm9fQ, the center stripe across the tail light is actually amber turn signal. But I think here in the us, the tail turn signal is just the blinking brake light.

Does anyone know if it is possible to covert the tail light back to its intended design with amber turn signals?
Hi

I’ve installed euro taillights that flash amber in my car. There was very little info out there, so I had to work out a bunch of things along way.

1. You need euro tail lights. Our USA spec one do not have amber LED’s behind the clear strip on the tail lights. That strip is empty. I bought Euro spec with amber LEDs on EBay from a guy in Latvia. They were in perfect condition. I don’t have the PN’s on hand.

2. You need a long 8mm socket wrench that is both deep and magnetized. Be sure to have extra nuts on hand. They are easy to drop.

3. You need to modify the plug on the wiring harness. The US plug does not fit the Euro tail light. This is easy. It turns out the wiring of the pins in the plug is the same for both.

4. The rear SAM needs to be reprogrammed to flash the middle row of LED for the turn signal. This requires a multiplexer and PC. Vediamo is the program that has the ability to do this without messing with the VDOK. I had to invoke the help of pmercury. He had to get additional assist from another hacker in Russia. So when this was being done, I had two hackers from the other side of the planet both hacked into my car at the same time! Pmercury now knows how to do it himself.

If you are interested. Make sure that you only buy the equipment that pmercury recommends. There are many Chinese Multiplexers and PC’s with corrupted software that will not work. I paid pmercury to set up my PC himself.

Unless you are knowledgeable about setting up the software yourself, this is not a DIY project. Forget the dealer, this is way over their head.

PM me if you are serious as If be happy to sell my set-up that is ready to go,

Last edited by Pauken4; 07-27-2020 at 01:28 PM.