GLE63s, GLE63, GLE53 AMG SUV & Coupe (W166, W167) 2015 - Present (Two generations)

Got him lowered today...pic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2020 | 03:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'18 GLE63S AMG /'19 PORSCHE TURBO S / '09 CORVETTE ZR1 /'14 LEXUS RX350/'16 RAV4 Ltd
Finally had the chance to do a wash and install the lowering links...I opted for about an inch of drop and I think it's about right..

I don't know how low is possible...at a certain point it become too low for the link connectors and they system won't react...and I didn't want it slammed
Old 05-03-2020 | 06:38 AM

ML63 AMG 13 SLK 55 SLK350 AMG kit 07
Originally Posted by Nanook
Finally had the chance to do a wash and install the lowering links...I opted for about an inch of drop and I think it's about right..

I don't know how low is possible...at a certain point it become too low for the link connectors and they system won't react...and I didn't want it slammed
I see you have moved from the ML63 to the GLE63s.
Just planning after this lock down as to go for another ML of spend the extra on the GLE, is it worth the extra money?
Does the links make the ride hard?
Old 05-03-2020 | 09:07 AM

E63s-summer/GLE63s-winter
Originally Posted by zenman63
I see you have moved from the ML63 to the GLE63s.
Just planning after this lock down as to go for another ML of spend the extra on the GLE, is it worth the extra money?
Does the links make the ride hard?

I went from a 15 ml63 to an 18 gle63s. I love the gle. While they are the same chassis it seems like a whole different beast. The main difference is the sport +. I have the OEM sport exhaust as well. The shifts are accompanied by the greatest pops and crackles. The transmission downshifts and holds gears more aggressively. So much that my 14 e63s seems mundane just driving around town. Lol. Also the infotainment is vastly improved. I use android auto daily. Mbrace has extra features like remote start. And there's the looks... I loved the big mesh grill on the ml but now the gle and the e are like fraternal twins with the front bumper and headlights. Another improvement is the lighting. The LEDs are a vast improvement over the HIDs.

So all in all they're the same vehicle but the experience of the GLE is much better in my opinion.
The following users liked this post:
zenman63 (05-03-2020)
Old 05-03-2020 | 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Nanook

When I lowered my ML I went too low at first. There was no error but the rear shocks were bottoming out. So I went up a little and it was fine.
Old 05-08-2020 | 03:30 PM
Banned

Mercedes
Got my lowering module from Amazon
-35mm in front and rear
very happy to get the best look!

Also ordered ECO start/stop off module + speed limit of module. Works as described.
Thinking to order OBD ECU tune from these guys

The following 2 users liked this post by AndreSilva:
Ed99 (10-18-2021), peejalino (07-13-2020)
Old 05-25-2020 | 01:52 PM

22 (WIFE) & 23 G63,22 TOYO TUNDRA TRD,21 GT BS, 22 McLaren GT,23 DUCATI MULTI V4 PIKES PEAK, 23 S580
Originally Posted by Egor63s
It looks great, what size wheels are those? How much of a drop did you do?

I'm asking because I used the same module, lowered my GLE63S SUV with stock 21" wheels but I feel that is bumpy when I use race +, so maybe I'm too low.

Old 05-26-2020 | 11:42 AM

c292 gle63S, Range Rover LWB
Originally Posted by Kvn22
It looks great, what size wheels are those? How much of a drop did you do?

I'm asking because I used the same module, lowered my GLE63S SUV with stock 21" wheels but I feel that is bumpy when I use race +, so maybe I'm too low.
You're way too low. I am lowered 20mm all around. For race+ I leave the suspension in comfort so it doesn't lower anymore.
Old 05-26-2020 | 07:25 PM

My GLE 63s is stuck at the dealer. I lowered with links and had it aligned last year.. I think around 1.5". Swapped brake pads last week and noticed massive inner wear on the fronts. I had new tires ready to go on anyway but wanted to make sure this didn't happen again. They called today to say it's- 2 off. Ordered the k mac list today. Unfortunately it wont be delivered for 6 days... Luckily the E63 is the other ride.
Old 07-13-2020 | 07:46 AM

996 Turbo, E86 Z4M, GLE 63 AMGs
Originally Posted by byroll01
My GLE 63s is stuck at the dealer. I lowered with links and had it aligned last year.. I think around 1.5". Swapped brake pads last week and noticed massive inner wear on the fronts. I had new tires ready to go on anyway but wanted to make sure this didn't happen again. They called today to say it's- 2 off. Ordered the k mac list today. Unfortunately it wont be delivered for 6 days... Luckily the E63 is the other ride.

Did you ever get the K-Mac parts installed? Would love some feedback/review.

Thanks!
Old 07-14-2020 | 02:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2021 AMG GLE 63s Coupe AMG GLC 63s Coupe
Originally Posted by hadam3

Thanks!
The K-mac camber bushings are total junk .. Try and get your money back.
Old 07-14-2020 | 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by hadam3

Thanks!
I was told the tech had one hell of a time installing them but the alignment is perfect now. Finally not pulled all over with every crack or hump in the road. I used to have to drive with 2 hands locked on the wheel because it was all over the highway lane. Now driving it is enjoyable again.

Originally Posted by ronin amg
The K-mac camber bushings are total junk .. Try and get your money back.
IDK. This is my 1st time using them. Time will tell I guess.
Old 07-14-2020 | 03:28 PM

Old 07-14-2020 | 06:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I was told the tech had one hell of a time installing them but the alignment is perfect now. Finally not pulled all over with every crack or hump in the road. I used to have to drive with 2 hands locked on the wheel because it was all over the highway lane. Now driving it is enjoyable again.

Drive it hard a few times and have your camber checked again... These are total junk, they will go out of adjustment..
Old 07-16-2020 | 11:57 PM
SPONSOR

Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
Phew - Ronin it is 2 years now. Do need to move on.

New car industry it is all about constant, ongoing development and it is same with the "aftermarket"

Yes, 2 years ago with your model W212 E63 sedan the front, Camber bush - if overloaded at time of adjustment bush center could separate.

It all about making products bullet proof! We back then therefore eliminated the 2 part center making it a one piece - and impossible to separate. At the time we offered you this replacement!

Another design breakthrough at the time was with the forward facing thrust arm (Caster adjustable) bushes.There Mono ball / 2 Axis design significantly improving brake and steering response. Similar to spherical bearings but design having two and a half times the load bearing, impact area of spherical bearings (with their wafer thin teflon liners soon pound out).

The W212 sedan (and also the GLE SUV) both have "upper" wishbones and further development, we now manufacture also replacement inner bushes for these upper arms providing precise Camber (and Caster) adjustment. As well "replacement" upper arms.

The "Bushing Kit" provides up to 1.5 degrees extra Pos. or Neg. More than enough to resolve most premature tire wear issues. Advantage of this kit is fitment "without need for arm removal" (bush extraction tool included) or to use in addition to lower arm adjuster kit for "Track days" - doubling adjustment range to further reduce understeer. Also importantly retains OEM hi-strength forged alloy arms (not having the concern of replacing with welded, fabricated arms).

While "Replacement Arm" Kit provides up to 2.5 degrees Camber (plus Caster). Again the security of hi-strength forged alloy, same as OEM. Not welded, fabricated.
Old 07-22-2020 | 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by AndreSilva
Got my lowering module from Amazon
-35mm in front and rear
very happy to get the best look!

Also ordered ECO start/stop off module + speed limit of module. Works as described.
Thinking to order OBD ECU tune from these guys

Dude, were you copying and pasting my post? That is not your car.
Old 07-22-2020 | 08:05 AM

@byroll01 Thanks for the review - that is my greatest issue with the lowering module. I ended up having to raise the car from 35mm to 20mm, and its a little better now. Its scariest in the rain where the rear is is constantly lagging behind the front. I also personally noticed that the lowering module does not change the compression and rebound setting of the shock. It just lowers the car, but doesn't use the same logic as when you press the "suspension button" twice.

With the car lowered at 35mm in comfort the car is super bouncy. However if you hit the suspension button to sport + everything firms up, and the car is very drive-able again.

And for those who will remind me that the car lowers in sport + more. I did multiple tests:

Test 1: Car lowered to 30mm and comfort mode - bouncy, and rear end is all over the place
Test 2: Car lowered to 40mm and comfort mode - bouncier and totally not realistically drive-able
Test 3: Car lowered to 30mm and sport + mode - feels planted, and the rear is now keeping up with the front end
Test 4: Car lowered to 25mm and comfort mode - so-so, not the worst but driveable
Test 5: Car lowered to 25mm and sport + mode (suspension only) - my go to setting (wish i can have the car always start in individual mode, its annoying to have to keep hitting the suspension button)

FYI, this is after i had my car realigned at 20mm lowering (i didnt dare go to low incase my dealer asks).
Old 07-23-2020 | 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Egor63s
lowering module or links?

Links. I'm cheap and don't have the need to use multiple heights other than the comfort and lift. Lol
Old 07-23-2020 | 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by K-Mac
Phew - Ronin it is 2 years now. Do need to move on.

New car industry it is all about constant, ongoing development and it is same with the "aftermarket"

Yes, 2 years ago with your model W212 E63 sedan the front, Camber bush - if overloaded at time of adjustment bush center could separate.

It all about making products bullet proof! We back then therefore eliminated the 2 part center making it a one piece - and impossible to separate. At the time we offered you this replacement!

Another design breakthrough at the time was with the forward facing thrust arm (Caster adjustable) bushes.There Mono ball / 2 Axis design significantly improving brake and steering response. Similar to spherical bearings but design having two and a half times the load bearing, impact area of spherical bearings (with their wafer thin teflon liners soon pound out).

The W212 sedan (and also the GLE SUV) both have "upper" wishbones and further development, we now manufacture also replacement inner bushes for these upper arms providing precise Camber (and Caster) adjustment. As well "replacement" upper arms.

The "Bushing Kit" provides up to 1.5 degrees extra Pos. or Neg. More than enough to resolve most premature tire wear issues. Advantage of this kit is fitment "without need for arm removal" (bush extraction tool included) or to use in addition to lower arm adjuster kit for "Track days" - doubling adjustment range to further reduce understeer. Also importantly retains OEM hi-strength forged alloy arms (not having the concern of replacing with welded, fabricated arms).

While "Replacement Arm" Kit provides up to 2.5 degrees Camber (plus Caster). Again the security of hi-strength forged alloy, same as OEM. Not welded, fabricated.

Your junk hasn't changed in two years maybe you should develop something that works or retire..

My now two year old 20,000 mi. E63s wagon hasn't changed its alignment spec since I installed camber adjustable upper control arms after removing your junk at 5,000mi.
Old 07-24-2020 | 03:47 AM
SPONSOR

Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
Ronin. Well, we are moving on! As can see pessimism is your way.

There's no place for it at KMAC - it's all about constantly designing, creating, developing new products to cater for OEM shortcomings and proudly we would not have it any other way..

https://imgur.com/xFJ2hpX

Last edited by K-Mac; 07-27-2020 at 01:18 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by K-Mac:
byroll01 (07-28-2020), Doubleredrolex (01-11-2022)