GLE63s, GLE63, GLE53 AMG SUV & Coupe (W166, W167) 2015 - Present (Two generations)

Wonky Sensor Front Bumper...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2020, 04:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 195 Likes on 168 Posts
16 E550 Cab, 2003 Ram bright red crewcab 4x4 we call Clifford :)
Wonky Sensor Front Bumper...

Ok, so the GLE63s went in a month or so ago for a new front passenger side fender opening piece, I have the blacked out version and the trim was peeling off.....

Ever since the replacement that corner beeps at random or when you come to dip in the road... sometimes... seems worse in the rain...

Dealer says there are 3 sensors, unsure which one is alerting...

They saw the issue when he pulled it into the service bay, then hooked up the computer diags and it hasn't beeped since... argh

They drove it around, hosed it down... no more random beep....

I go to pick it up tonight and gonna have to document more of when it does it...

Anybody else run into this ?

Thanks

Mike

Old 09-22-2020, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2021 GLE 63s
Originally Posted by mrmotoguzzi00
Ok, so the GLE63s went in a month or so ago for a new front passenger side fender opening piece, I have the blacked out version and the trim was peeling off.....

Ever since the replacement that corner beeps at random or when you come to dip in the road... sometimes... seems worse in the rain...

Dealer says there are 3 sensors, unsure which one is alerting...

They saw the issue when he pulled it into the service bay, then hooked up the computer diags and it hasn't beeped since... argh

They drove it around, hosed it down... no more random beep....

I go to pick it up tonight and gonna have to document more of when it does it...

Anybody else run into this ?

Thanks

Mike
Yes, every time I pull into my driveway its goes off. I can’t figure out why but very annoying.