GLE63s, GLE63, GLE53 AMG SUV & Coupe (W166, W167) 2015 - Present (Two generations)

plastic noise dashboard

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2020, 09:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gle 63 amg coupe
plastic noise dashboard

hi since a month i have a sound like plastic rubing or clicking on my dash board i cant describe if it is from driver or passanger side, i think is from the driver one, it comes once i turn sometimes or going into potholes. i toke it to my mechanic and they didnt hear it, as i mention is only when driving over potholes or turning to the left sometimes not always.

i will try make a video soon as i can.
Old 11-29-2020, 06:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 48 Posts
'18 GLE63S AMG /'19 PORSCHE TURBO S / '09 CORVETTE ZR1 /'14 LEXUS RX350/'16 RAV4 Ltd
These vehicles have a slew of plastic noises especially in the cold....try grabbing the screen and wiggling...crackle crackle...I inserted foam strips all over the car...a full length foam shim under the nav screen and jammed some behind it also..this helped...also the plastic frame over over the driver seat rails needed shims...and the console needed shims too...my cabin is much better but I have an annoying click from the driver door..I reduce the 40 psi in the tires but each trip to the dealer they put it back ...
The following users liked this post:
Xhared (11-29-2020)
Old 12-09-2020, 02:01 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 GLE 63S AMG SUV, 2015 GLA 250 (Previously: 2010 MB E550 (V8, 5.5L))
same issue here - similar rattling sounds, unable to pinpoint where exactly they are coming from - will try the foam strip suggestion, thanks!
Old 12-20-2021, 04:19 AM

2022 GLE AMG 53
Originally Posted by Nanook
These vehicles have a slew of plastic noises especially in the cold....try grabbing the screen and wiggling...crackle crackle...I inserted foam strips all over the car...a full length foam shim under the nav screen and jammed some behind it also..this helped...also the plastic frame over over the driver seat rails needed shims...and the console needed shims too...my cabin is much better but I have an annoying click from the driver door..I reduce the 40 psi in the tires but each trip to the dealer they put it back ...
I feel same on 2022 53 model; picked up this week. Can you please share pictures of areas where you inserted foam and how it looks? Thx. It’s a shame on such expensive machinery :’(
Old 05-25-2023, 12:24 PM

2021 GLE53
Originally Posted by Nanook
I, too, would love to know where you installed the foam shims…I have two rattles/vibrations in my ‘22 GLE53 - one from the driver’s door and one from somewhere in the center console (this is one more consistent and is driving me crazy). I’ve had to the dealer and we’ve isolated it to the cup holder area (we think) but have been unable to eliminate it. Any advice you can share is appreciated!

Thanks in advance!