GLE63s, GLE63, GLE53 AMG SUV & Coupe (W166, W167) 2015 - Present (Two generations)

Rear Door Drives side window glass not closing 100%

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2021, 10:23 AM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
'17 AMG GLE 43
Rear Door Drives side window glass not closing 100%

At random times and sometimes after opening/closing (with drive seat master control) the drivers side rear door glass closing backs off a tad leaving the window 99% close, detected by the sound of air leaking when driving. A second or third application of closing the window from driver's seat controls eventually closes it 100%, but the first of second attempt to close it (after detecting wind noise 1% opened) doesn't always seem to close it 100% either. It seems to bounce back 1% with attempts to close it. I then hear the wind noise when in motion and open/close a couple of times to get 100% to stay close. It seems to "bounce" back open on a full close attempt randomly. I also suspect on start up it may be going to 99% as I have to do this switch toggle close dance sometime after starting out on a drive w/o ever having opened the window in the first place. Only on drivers rear door glass so far, other 3 door windows all act fine.

Anyone having this odd behavior on any window switch / motors?

Will have dealer look at it on final under maintenance service coming up, but given the random nature of it I am not confident they can reproduce / diagnose it (unless it is a common fault in the door switch / window motor).
Old 04-19-2021, 05:27 PM

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
S550
It needs to be reset. Enter car, turn on, but do not start the car. Hold the window button in the up position and raise the window all the way. Continue holding the window button up for several seconds, then release. This should reset the window. Good luck.
The following users liked this post:
Kein Ersatz (04-20-2021)
Old 04-20-2021, 09:14 PM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
'17 AMG GLE 43
Originally Posted by TestnDoc
It needs to be reset. Enter car, turn on, but do not start the car. Hold the window button in the up position and raise the window all the way. Continue holding the window button up for several seconds, then release. This should reset the window. Good luck.
‘Thanks for the reply, will give it a try.