GLE63s, GLE63, GLE53 AMG SUV & Coupe (W166, W167) 2015 - Present (Two generations)

Retrofitting Steering Assist

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2024, 03:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLE
Retrofitting Steering Assist

Hi Folks,
I was trying to start a project on retrofitting driving assist on my GLE AMG 53, it already has Parktronics (so there are some controls in the car) and I thought I need to change the 1- windshield 2-front radar 3-blind spot radars 4- stereo camera 5-intelligent driver control unit 6- steering wheel switches and then code it. the whole thing is very costly but worst of all, it is a one way door if I fail I have to replace back the old version of windshield or the current system is broken too. So I am very carefully trying to put my toe in the water and see if I can start it at all. Mind you I am very interested in doing it though.

Questions:
1- Is any wiring guide for the components, for example does Xentry/WIS give any pin out for the intelligent drive control module ? I cannot find any information about the 16 pin port on A2139004831 unit. if someone has access to Xentry/WIS can you check see if you have any wiring diagram related to this component ? (if you have some info can you share the diagram so I can move forward with a bit of more confidence ? I dont want to invest in a MB star if I am not starting this project)
[Even lower number of pins component such as HUD projector 4 pin port is hard to decode even though I assume the pins must be (CAN-L, CAN-H, P, G) yet there is no solid info anywhere, let alone about this A2139004831 with 16 pins. BTW if your system has HUD wiring I would love to see that too]
2- Hypothetically if magically I could install all those components, can Xentry/WIS code them and perhaps calibrate the camera and radars ?
3- If answers to the above is positive what is the affordable yet reliable Xentry/WIS capable of this task that you suggest ?

I know this is a crazy project and yes a lot of you want to suggest go sell the car and buy one with the driving assist and it will be cheaper

, thanks for the kind thought, but I am not quite convinced so please try to help me figure this out, I promise I don't start unless I have all my ducks in a row.

Thanks for your time in advance!

Old 04-29-2024, 03:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,710 Likes on 2,476 Posts
2019 C63CS
You may wanna reach out to the usual remote coders such as BenzNinja and RJ Automotive. If you look at RJ Automotive's website they only go as far as retrofitting DISTRONIC PRO, which is a somewhat less capable version of the full DISTRONIC. Retrofitting the entire assistance system suite is likely prohibitively expensive. You will likely have to take half the car apart and install new wiring harnesses. For example the single windshield camera needs to be replaced with a stereo camera, so that probably needs an entire new harness first. RJ can retrofit DISTRONIC PRO, because most everything needed is standard hardware, and for select models they have to at most replace the front radar sensor with a new one.
Old 04-29-2024, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLE
Thanks superswiss, I already ordered the distronics from RJ and am waiting for the parts, Raj also mentioned it is very expensive to do this but he said he can program it, problem is that I got stuck on the first step of understanding this module pin out. I still appreciate if anyone has some clue on how to figure components pinouts, would be great if I knew WIS has any details on the modules pins. Anyone with WIS handy ?