GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Keyless Go?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 04:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 ML500, '07 E350 Sport (wife's)
Keyless Go?

Does anybody know if it is or will be available? Was building one on US site and didn't see mention of it anywhere. My wife loves that feature on her E and we'd probably buy an ML over the GLK if it's not available when it's time to replace my ML. Otherwise, the smaller size would suit us fine and it seemed to have everything else.
Old 12-29-2008, 04:37 PM
MTI
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'85 190E 2.3-16 '99 C280 '11 GLK350
No keyless go. There's no Start button in the car.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 E250 BT 4M
Originally Posted by MissMyBenz
Does anybody know if it is or will be available? Was building one on US site and didn't see mention of it anywhere.
Yes, it will be available in the 2nd Quarter, most likely starting from June production. At least, that's the situation with Canadian orders for GLKs.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'07 GL 450, '02 S 80 T6
Originally Posted by DerekACS1
Yes, it will be available in the 2nd Quarter, most likely starting from June production. At least, that's the situation with Canadian orders for GLKs.
Any idea on US availability? Wife wants a GLK but it's a no go without KG.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 S430, 2004 Cobra, 2004 Tahoe
No word yet on the Keyless for the US. Only been told that the 2wd version will be out in the spring.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:02 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

It will more than likely not come out. If it does, it will be in the 2011 model year. I don't understand why people post things they see elsewhere....KG is a myth for now..sorry guys
Old 01-06-2009, 05:29 PM

Audi
Really? I was at a Mercedes dealer in Toronto and they had the Keyless Go option for about 970$ CND. The sales told me the production will take place in March.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:39 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Canadian production is different than USA production, but even with that in mind, I don't think he's correct with his information. I could be wrong, but I think I'm right
Old 01-06-2009, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 E250 BT 4M
Canadian GLK production

Originally Posted by mbwestminster
Canadian production is different than USA production, but even with that in mind, I don't think he's correct with his information. I could be wrong, but I think I'm right
Well, the first part of your statement is certainly correct, but then you make a false assumption about another Canadian member's post.
You obviously have not read the GLK Product Planning Guide (Canada) that clearly states : "Keyless Go - available as of June 2009 production". Perhaps, as the previous poster stated, that this has been advanced to March.

Before you make further assertions about the Canadian version of the GLK, it might be a good idea for you check some facts north of the US border. Fortunately for MB Canada customers, we have some talented and hard working folks up here who try to determine our specific requirements for MB vehicles, which, surprise, might be different than the US market requirements. For example, almost all MBs coming into Canada have heated mirrors and seats as standard equipment, including the GLK.

Furthermore and contrary to information given out by your dealership's parts department, MB does offer two different 17" alloy wheel designs for the GLK, ideal for snow tires. They may not be listed by MBUSA, but that in itself does not mean that they are unavailable in rest of the world or in Canada.

Unfortunately there is an attitude on the part of a few American forum members that what goes for the USA must be so for the rest of the world when it comes to MB production. I am trying to point out in a civil way that this is not the case. MB caters to and builds product for many different markets around the world; it is one of many reasons why it has been a successful car, truck & bus manufacturer for many decades.

This willingness on the part of MB to customize the product to the specific country has yielded very positive results. For example, MB Canada reported a sales increase of 26.4% for 2008, which included a sales increase during December of 12.5%. This amazing result, contrary to almost every other manufacturer, was I believe directly related to understanding the requirements of the Canadian market. For example, Canadians have long been fans of smaller cars, hence both the B Class and Smart cars have been sold in Canada for several years.

So yes, the first part of your statement was indeed correct !

Last edited by DerekACS; 01-06-2009 at 07:19 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:34 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Well, I am glad that you took soo much of your valuable time to make a point to me that doesn't really matter. I'm sorry to say that, and don't take offense, but it really doesn't matter. That is why I clearly stated "I may be wrong". Not only that, but I also made a point to say that it is not available on the US market. I think I was very clear...maybe not clear enough??

Look at my response to Blk04cobra1's post on 12/30. We are CLEARLY talking about US spec. Boy oh boy oh boy....